• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with Gmail and Microsoft Outlook 2002

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dAvies.lOcker

Hi

I am having problems with M$ Outlook 2002 and gmail.

I had everything working fine, with a hotmail account and 2 Gmail accounts working fine for ONE day.

The next morning, when i click send/recieve i get the following error for both the gmail accounts,

"..'Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x8004210B) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).."

These errors only appear for the gmail accounts, all my hotmail e-mails can be sent/rec'd fine.

Every message that i try to send via gmail just sits in the outbox, not going out!

Anyone got any ideas??

I tried downloading sp3 for office, but wen i run the installer i get this message, "The expected version of the product was not found on your system"

I have set up the gmail email preferences for POP3 as instructed on teh gmail website.

Has/is anyone else having this problem??

PLease guys, any help will be really apprechiated

D.L :beer:

i dont think (well last time i checked) that gmail fully supports outlook as of yet..

i tried when i go tmy account a couple months back and there was no support as of teh for it .

According to their website, they do.

I have done a bit of reading and from what i gather there is a bug/problem with outlook and gmail. Lots of people have reported that gmail works fine in their MS outook (2002) for a day or couple of days at best and then they get the message above about the SMTP server.

It was suggested that Microsoft Office SP3 should sort out this problem - and it has for some people. But there is a bug in the installer and it wont let me (and others) install it. Microsoft have acknowledged this bug and given solutions....but these dont work (again not just me here!)

Anyone got any ideas then? Resolved the problem themself?

Or am i gona have to sit tight and wait for MS to sort their Sh*t out?

btw - anyone use the Gmail desktop notifier?

Cheers

D.L :beer:

Back