• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dtr oc wall???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sipherblade

This is driving me nuts :bang head i have been trying for weeks to oc mt 3200+ dtr. even on water i'm stuck at the same oc I was at on air 2.4!! I have tried everything from lossing my mem tim ings and dividers to uping even the chipset voltage and it won't post, always says detecting array or it freezes at boot from cd. I can get it to boot into overclockix(spelling) at 2.5 but not stable. please any help did I get a dud chip or is this the wall for these i thought they would clock higher esp on water.

currently 1.55 ive gone all the way up to 1.9 and i still get the same errors

Is your chip newer, or an older one purchased used? that does seem to make a difference, as older ones would clock slower than newer. Also what are your temps like, and when you switched to the water block how did the TIM imprint on the core look, as i have seen a mobile CPU with a convex top that did not let any heatsink make proper contact with the complete core.

its a newer chip purchased new from newegg and it has great contact with the water block my temps are in my sig and they went done 10 degs c on water.

Please don't RMA it just cuz it doesn't clock like you want it. It works so RMAing it is like theft and that affects prices for all of us. Sell it to someone and move on to the next CPU in your quest for monster clocks...don't blame AMD for your chip not flying like you want it too. I know it suxs but show some character here...nothing is guaranteed in our hobby.

N3buchan3zzar said:
Please don't RMA it just cuz it doesn't clock like you want it. It works so RMAing it is like theft and that affects prices for all of us. Sell it to someone and move on to the next CPU in your quest for monster clocks...don't blame AMD for your chip not flying like you want it too. I know it suxs but show some character here...nothing is guaranteed in our hobby.

#1 i don't rma stuff just because i can't get it to do what i want. #2 don't just go around accusing someone of being a theif #3 If I was to rma the chip it is of my concern and because there was something wrong with it I.E. it is taking way more voltage to run at stock speeds than it should. #4 in regards to character you should look to yourself before you pass judgement on someone else and try asking them if something elese is wrong, instead of assuming. #5 that said in its self watch who and what you bash you never know who it is.

sipherblade said:
#1 i don't rma stuff just because i can't get it to do what i want. #2 don't just go around accusing someone of being a theif #3 If I was to rma the chip it is of my concern and because there was something wrong with it I.E. it is taking way more voltage to run at stock speeds than it should. #4 in regards to character you should look to yourself before you pass judgement on someone else and try asking them if something elese is wrong, instead of assuming. #5 that said in its self watch who and what you bash you never know who it is.

if it didn't do stock voltage and speeds then why even bother ocing it? why not just rma it in the first place? why even post here asking for help?

grow some brains before yelling at someone for taking the only info you gave us and forming a conclusion based on it.

btw, #5 really could be taken as a threat and is the sort of thing not tolerated here.

i was simply stating the "stock" speeds as an example to get a point across just wanted to clarify that. and cujo "grow some brains before yelling at someone" I really feel that was an uncalled for comment and I am offend by it 1 more thing #5 is not ment as nor should be construed as a threat merly an obvious statement that you never truly know with whom you are speaking. so grow up and think about what you are saying before you yell at someone when you don't know all the facts. N3buchan3zzar and I already worked out our issue you had no place stepping in and "yelling" at someone else.

sipherblade said:
i'm seriously considering rma'ing this chip and getting another.

sipherblade said:
#3 If I was to rma the chip it is of my concern and because there was something wrong with it I.E. it is taking way more voltage to run at stock speeds than it should.

so then you're not going to rma it now?

cujo said:
so then you're not going to rma it now?

no because i made the mistake not the chip so sorry for any misunderstandings and for my ranting i do appoligize.

no worries it's cool.

i just wish i could get my xp90 to sit right on my dtr. i have two pieces of cardboard wedged between my ram and xp90 underside just to get it to make good contact. i'm gonna be making some modifications to the mount once i'm home during the summer. hopefully then i'll be able to oc it. right now i'm sitting at stock cause i know it's seated poorly.

oh yea and i tried a stock s754 heatsink and it doesn't even touch the as5 on my chip. just demonstrates that mobos are not meant to handle dtrs.

HAve you tried switching your SATA raptor to the other set of SATA ports? I remember now that one set locks, and the other does not. But this may be something that was overlooked.

d]g[ts said:
HAve you tried switching your SATA raptor to the other set of SATA ports? I remember now that one set locks, and the other does not. But this may be something that was overlooked.

nope tried that many times still doesn't work but i'm stable at 2.4 in windows and 2.5 in overclockix go figure :shrug: I think i'm gonna sell this chip and get this http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=19-103-477&depa=0
or this http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=19-103-464&depa=0
what do you guys think?

Back