• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mobile 2400 35w/mobile 2600 or cheap a64 cpu and proc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bboy_Jon

What should i get a 2400 35w mobile or a 2600 mobile or a cheap a64 cpu and mobo?

My dad wants to upgrade his gateway (get a new computer) and he can either buy a a new mobo (somewhat decent under 100) and buy either a 2400 35w mobile axp or a 2600 mobile and ill trade him my 3000 (locked) with the mobile cpu so i can oc it more

or i can convince him to get a decent (under 200) a64 system (any ideas) and trade it for my axp (unless it wont be any better)

so what u think? what should i do?

I would grab an Epox NForce2 mobo & 2600 Mobile. The Epox mobo is cheap & will allow you to overclock the locked barton some if you wish to do so & the 2600 Mobile is the best of the mobiles for overclocking basically.

well i have an nf7-s rev2, which is one of the best isnt it? so im gonna use that with the mobile, and then i need another mobo that allows pretty decent ocing for the 3000

Back