• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fun Times Got My Wisdom Teeth Out

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

enduro

Well MTB856 and I took the plunge and both had all four of our wisdom teeth removed this morning. They were cut out because they wouldn't fit in our jaw :bang head: so yeah it's kind of hurtin right now.

Woke up at 7 am to take my Valium which made me feel really good :bday: then when I could barely walk they gave me some gas which apparently was pretty nice because they said I was smiling through most of the operation.

Unfortunately I'm pretty resistant to pain killers ( 2 bad experiences with that when getting stitches :eh?: ) so when they were pulling ( prying) my last tooth out I could definitely feel it so that was nice. Other than the the drilled out two of them and broke them into pieces and then pried them out which felt like they were breaking my jaw apart from the pressure lol.

Barring that it went really well but I'm stuck drinking liquids and eating ice cream/ jello for the next 5 days so that sucks really bad so I'm definitely going to lose weight lol.

Man it hurts though. My jaw is aching like nothin else. Even with painkillers.

I had the same exact thing happen to me in August 2003. I can say that yeah, it absolutely sucks. You can't eat solids for awhile and even when the swelling dies down, the pain in chewing something is excruciating. The only difference in our operations was that I was completely under when I got all of mine taken out (bone impacted). In one way I liked it better since I don't remember a damned thing and I was pushed around on a wheelchair (WHEEEEEEEEEEE!) but afterwards, I vomitted a billion times from swallowing so much of mine own blood and gagged anytime I attempted to eat ANYTHING (for the first day at least). I really hope you guys get better quickly though. I can't stand apple sauce anymore.

By the time you can eat normal food you'll probably not want another yogurt for quite sometime :p. Funny thing is, I still have valium left over although it's 2 years old and I have no idea why I kept it. I wish I would've asked for my teeth back so I could stick them under my pillow and in effect force my parents to give me money via "the tooth fairy."

dude, sorry to hear that... I fortunately have plenty of room for my wisdom teeth.... even had one that was impacted somehow come through without any problems... lol. So i'm happy.

I had 4 teeth pulled for braces about a year and a half ago...It wasnt too bad except for the IV part. They put me to sleep for it which was nice because i didnt have to see or feel anything until afterwards, i was drugged up pretty well afterwrads too which was nice.

enduro said:
Unfortunately I'm pretty resistant to pain killers ( 2 bad experiences with that when getting stitches :eh?: ) so when they were pulling ( prying) my last tooth out I could definitely feel it so that was nice. Other than the the drilled out two of them and broke them into pieces and then pried them out which felt like they were breaking my jaw apart from the pressure lol.

Same. When I had my wisdom teeth removed when I was around 10, the dentist gave me about 12 injections of the painkillers and even still I felt it. For me the injections were the worse part and even today when I get fillings, I always reject the painkiller as I think the pain of the shot is worse than the drilling. Also, when I asked about general anesthetic, my ******* of a dentist lied to me and told me that quite a few people die from it. :rolleyes:

At least you have someone with you who's experiencing it at the same time. The only fun I had was watching the blood pool up in my mouth immediately after the pulling and having my mother yell at me for it. :D

lol so true :D I had a nice bowl of ice cream tonight. It was awesome.

Yeah I feel for you Aslan, I have been able to feel it several times when I've gotten stitches but i have to have shots ( even if it takes a dozen) before they drill my tooth because it hurts so bad for me. I can't stand it without the killers.

I feel bad for MTB because some of his were on his jaw and so they had to chip away some of his jaw bone to access the teeth so he's pretty swollen right now.

ugh, i will have these out soon, and i absolutly hate drugs like that, they mess me up way to bad, and its the drug that makes me sicker then a dog, oh, just the thought almost makes me want to vomit

I'm sure it's a lot worse for you than me as you're a lot older than when I had it done. Just try to get some sleep and keep popping the pills. :)

Get well soon, it will be well worth it when you recover.

I had all four of my wisdom pulled out in the morning of X-mas Eve 1996 :santa:

They were able to get all four out without too much trouble. I was still able to eat, drink and be merry that night. I just had to remember to rinse before going to sleep. :D

Feel sorry for you man. I had my top two pulled (or pried) and my bottom two cut out. They put me to sleep for it. I was discussing the weather with the oral surgen at one point and the next thing I remember is my wife telling me she would be back in a minute. I was in the car at Target and she was going in to get my antibiotics and painkillers. Slept for 2 days after I got home. Ate soup for 3 days.

After that it was back to normal...

They knocked me out when i got mine removed and the next thing i remembered was sitting in a recliner in the office. I dont remember taking any pain killers after i got them out so they must of did a good job. Scrambled eggs is something i found easy to eat in addition to shakes and such.

But hopefully you guys wont be laid up too long.

Yeah that's what I'm hoping. Had scrambled eggs this morning just slowly gnawed them to death lol.

We couldn't rinse the first day so can you say nasty yogurt/ protein shake breath :eek: but yeah could rinse today so hopefully that will help a bit. I'm definitely not visiting my friends or any girls I might consider dating until I can brush though :D that would be so wrong.

Well I feel wonderful now.... I am supposed to have my 4 pulled this summer... :cry:

I got all mine removed for braces about...7 years ago (two were coming in sideways and two would have been badly impacted if they had come in fully). I didn't need any painkillers afterwards; this was in the summer so the ice from my iced coffees at work helped a lot :D Almost no pain after the first day so the surgeon must have done a good job.

I couldn't talk right due to swelling for a day or so afterwards, so my boss put me in the back sorting incoming shipments (yes, I was back at work after a day). I had the dissolving stitches so that probably made things a lot easier.

Last edited:
Back