• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mod a Tee Line into X line?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

itchy5

could i mod a a normal T line into a X line one for draining the system and one for filling?
lol.jpg

just wondering let me know what you think :p

i could see how having an x would make draining easier. i cant really turn my t-line upside down, and drainging usually involves removing my hose from the pump.

for it to drain, it would have to be at the lowest spot in the loop.

i dont think it would have any effect on flow. i say this cause i remeber reading somewhere a guy tried to add die to t-line and it just sit in the tline. i think the water doenst move.

instead of the x thing. how about this idea. a tline at the top for filling and a tline at the lowest part angled downward then have a tube go down through a hole in the bottom of the case. then all you would have to do is move the case over a drian and open both tlines. it would drain super fast.

they do make 4-way fittings ya know... you don't need to ghetto mod a tee

but why would you need to do this anyways? its not like you're draining the system every other day

if you need to drain the system, just disconnect the lowest hose in the system & let it run out, then put it back on when you needa fill it up

dicecca112 said:
that would kill the flow, it would have to fill that bottom part, before it could flow on
:shrug:

if you have a very specific setup than this x fitting could be very advantageous, go for it

lithker said:
i dont think it would have any effect on flow. i say this cause i remeber reading somewhere a guy tried to add die to t-line and it just sit in the tline. i think the water doenst move.

That was probably me. :p And yea, the only time the fluid in the T-line gets to the main loop is if there is air somewhere in the loop that can compress and the fluid in the t-line falls to feed the system.

Oh, and
attachment.php

my highliter fluid remaining in my t-line.

crimedog said:
:shrug:

if you have a very specific setup than this x fitting could be very advantageous, go for it

ok so i know it will work ill give it a shot if i cant figure something else out :p

Back