• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Reaching -C°

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xTrEmEoVrClOcKr

Reaching -C° *PICS*

My friend and I were planning this for a week. We finally got some "AirDr" and sprayed the HSF until - temps (-3C or so) ... Enjoy:
Test Sytem:
AMD 2200+ Thorton Core
MSi KT6V Mobo
SimpleTech PC2700
PNY Verto 5900SE
Tt HSF (Barf)
Tt HSF:
IMG_0388.jpg
BIOS: It reached -C° when it says "Not Present"
IMG_0390.jpg
Our Cooling Device: "AirDr"
IMG_0394.jpg
Layout
IMG_0392.jpg

Will post more pictures. :D
EDIT* I will use some PC4000 tonight along a HDD / cooler temps.

Last edited:
Nonono, that's cheating :D
What you used is a phase change cooler. Fluid changes to gas and temperature drops :)

Maybe it's got normal air heatsink and can't run 24/7, but it's still phase change unit. However it qualifies as well as air cooling, it's "cheating" ( :) ) and a piece of great work at once, kudos :D

No benchmarks, I dont have an extra HDD :(. My friend and I will try to get 2.6Ghz (our goal, already 2.3 stable) and we will post some benchies. I'll use my 120Gb hdd in it :D.

2.3? Do you mean 4.3? Also, that stuff wont last for too long. You shouldve gotten dry ice instead if you just wanted the fun of it. Dry ice is soo cool. Did you just turn the can upside down or someting?

Yes, well this is on my old 2200+, I wont be getting 4.3Ghz outta thing thing ;). I didn't have dryice available at the hardware store .. plus this is easier to use :)

this reminds me of a pic i saw in a magazine once.
there was a guy who had basically the same idea as you, except he used a tank of CO2 (i think) strapped to the back of his pc and had it blasting straight into his hs

Thats a really good idea.... ive got some of that lying around right now. Maybe that will get my benches an extra boost :D

Sentential said:
Thats a really good idea.... ive got some of that lying around right now. Maybe that will get my benches an extra boost :D

lol yeah its great

edit: we got one more picture iono when were gonna post it though lmao (batteries)

How long will the heatsink hold the processor below 0 degrees before having to re-chill it? I would think, especially at OCed load, that it wouldn't be able to hold up without a constant supply of the liquid.

Back