• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where are you Newark??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CCUABIDExORxDIE

does anyone know when the 754 Newarks are coming out? i guess they are gonna be 90nm, DTR chips, and will be similar to a Winchester. has anyone seen anything on these chips yet? and will it just a bios flash to be able to use?

ummm...newark? Are you talking about newcastle? thats been out for a while.

AFAIK, 754 is dead. according to the latest AMD roadmap (link ), there are no more 754s, just 939/940 and eventually, M2. I think clawhammer is the best way to go for 754.

I know Newark is a city in Delaware! lol

But back to topic.... I know there is going to be a new DTR socket 754 cpu being released. Not sure of the name though... don't worry he isn't losing his mind :p

Newark is supposed to be the 90nm mobile A64 iirc. Newcastle is different. S754 isn't dead, Semprons & Mobile/DTR A64s will be on it for the foreseeable future.

ncie answer stang. haha, well looks liek you win a prize! possibly the nubmer two slot on the 6600gt ARC?? haha. does anyone know when this things gonna drop. ive always wanted to do the whole dtr in a desktop thing. how do you think these will perform and overclock??

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
does anyone know when the 754 Newarks are coming out? i guess they are gonna be 90nm, DTR chips, and will be similar to a Winchester. has anyone seen anything on these chips yet? and will it just a bios flash to be able to use?

I want to know too, even though I doubt Newark will work in my Epox 8KDA3J.

well, i hope it soon, but not too soon. i need to recoup my funds, after buying my 6600gt, im tapped for cash. :D definately worth it though, imo. i cant wait newark, i hope it oc's like these venices that are coming out.

Back