• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sen's $260 PNY 6800U ocing thread (all others welcome)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sentential

Contributing Member
Apr 6, 2005
9:55 A.M.
JACKSONVILLE, FL, US
ARRIVAL SCAN

______

More when I get back from school. As usual pix will be included ;)

Which UPS convoy are you planning to rob to get that price!? :santa:

I'll be curious to see how it stacks up to my bastardized Dell 6800GTO. At $330.00 I thought I was the one who got the steal but you might have outdone me! :bang head

consumer9000 said:
Which UPS convoy are you planning to rob to get that price!? :santa:

I'll be curious to see how it stacks up to my bastardized Dell 6800GTO. At $330.00 I thought I was the one who got the steal but you might have outdone me! :bang head
While you are here I might as well ask about that cooler. Im trying to figure out if I should keep my silencer or not

Sentential said:
Apr 6, 2005
9:55 A.M.
JACKSONVILLE, FL, US
ARRIVAL SCAN

______

More when I get back from school. As usual pix will be included ;)

I see you couldnt resist making a thread even though the mailman has your card ;)

Silversinksam said:
I see you couldnt resist making a thread even though the mailman has your card ;)
True :D I coulda skipped class today but that wouldnt be good either :-/ Ill be home soon enough :) I just hope the mailman doesnt know what he's delivering ;)

Voodoo Rufus said:
Haha. I'm looking forward to seeing pics and OC numbers.

Better be a real 6800.

It was indeed a real 6800Ultra for $249.99, In fact, it was the best deal on a 6800ultra to date.

Many members here snagged one. I was going to get one myself, but I decided to let the members here snag them all since I already had one. Heck I thought I got a good deal at $350, but these guys got it $100 cheaper. :eek:

PS they are still selling cards like a GF4 Ti4200 for $19.99

Ti4200 for $20? Where at...sounds like the perfect present for family members!!! LOL

Hopefully your videocard wasn't shipped with the new "meatgrinder" antiterror service. I've seen some pretty mangled boxes of late, I suspect my local courier is at the brink of going postal. If there's ever a shortage of expensive looking packages to abuse he'll likely flip out and the last I'll hear of him will be on the 10 o'clock news. :p

On a more serious note, the first batch of copper heatsinks has just been ordered. The dimensions will be roughly (based on final CAM programming) 95x75x25mm. The heatsink will be a solid copper skived plate fin array piece with a diamond lapped base. (Time to raid the 3M catalog again)
Keeping the already competent stock memory cooling is the best option, so this heatsink will occupy the region above, around, and to the left of the GPU, fitting snugly within the embrace of the stock memory heatsink.
Cooling will be supplied either by a 60mm blower, with exhaust facing towards the back of the case, or by a 80x15mm dual ball bearing fan. Either setup will likely include a 3 step PCI bracket mount fanbus. :)
For Ultra and GTO users - if I stick to the blower setup with the rear exhaust path, I'll order a bunch of 6800 Dual DVI/S-video single slot PCI brackets to allow for such a retrofit.
This new revision will not occupy more than 2 PCI slots. :thup:

Oh, on a side note, the copper heatsink I am spec'ing can dissipate 110W while maintaining a core temperature of 75C. Can any one say passive cooling option? :cool: (@40C Ambient)
The active cooling options:
-60mm blower for rear exhaust (5-15CFM/30-50db)
-80mm fan for direct convection (20-45CFM user selectable/20-40db)

consumer9000 said:
All sold out...oh well. Thanks anyway Sam. :shrug:

They aren't sold out of the ti4200, I just went throught the ordering process, if they ran out you would get a pop up notification that the item is on backorder.

I have 100 of them in my shoppping cart, and I got a pop up box telling me there is 10 left.

RVC-RGF4Ti4200AGP8X6 NVIDIA GEFORCE4 Ti4200
64MB AGP8X - REFURBISHED
30 DAY WARRANTY In-Stock $19.99

If you cannot get to the order screen let me know, I'll buy all 10 and sell them at cost in the Classified section

consumer9000 said:
Oh, on a side note, the copper heatsink I am spec'ing can dissipate 110W while maintaining a core temperature of 75C. Can any one say passive cooling option? :cool: (@40C Ambient)
The active cooling options:
-60mm blower for rear exhaust (5-15CFM/30-50db)
-80mm fan for direct convection (20-45CFM user selectable/20-40db)
Pricing information please! :drool: And pix if you got em. Im definatly getting one.

Silversinksam said:
If you cannot get to the order screen let me know, I'll buy all 10 and sell them at cost in the Classified section

If you do decide to buy a bunch then sell um let us know..... I don't always check the classifieds..... :p

Back