• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which processor to buy?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BigRed

Caffinated Member
i have a 133mhz slot 1 motherboard and only a p2 400 :( its starting to show its age and i was wondering wich processor would be the best to buy?
i want somthing as fast as possible for my motherboard, and having it being able to overclock a lot would be a plus

If you can get your hands on a 700E or a 750E that should take you to 933 or 1000 with a sucessfull overclock. Look out for the cDo stepping of this chip...
A cDo 700E or 750E with any good luck may even be able to hit 150 FSB....
1050 (700) and 1125(750)

Bigred,

Yah like what Jay suggested, P3 700E cD0 or even a 750E cD0 would be very good. If you have the urge to buy the processor right now, go with one of those. If you might have trouble finding a cD0 stepping, cC0 should do just fine too. I had my P3 700E cC0 running at 1071mhz very happily for months til I broke the core by some stupid mistake argggg.. The price on the 700E's are real good now.

JetMech said:
Try www.pcprogress.com. Also be sure your motherboard supports 7.0 and 7.5 multipliers. If not check for a bios flash to update your Bios. The slot 1 PIII 700E oem is $104.00.

Multi support shouldn't be nessary as all intell chips are locked, doesen't really matter what the BIOS says the multi for a 700e will always run @ 100.

Back