• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6800GT or X850 Pro.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Goober35

Registered
The other day i got my new board and CPU.

Well now i need to do the video card. I need to try and keep the price under 400 bucks after tax. I have done some reading on both card and bave got no where. All of my friends are running the 6800GT and the love them and dont like the radeon. Then i got a couple of friends that are the other way around. I will be doing a lot of gaming but who isnt but i will not be doing any OC'ing sence i burned up a couple of nice parts a while back and i learned my lesson when i am poor.

So witch is the better of the 2 cards 6800GT or the X850 Pro? :shrug:

Blackmage said:
6800gt more pipes! the x850pro anit as good as an 6800gt
you are totaly wrong the ATI X850XT is way better than the 6800GT I know I had the 6800GT and it sucked !! now I have the X850XT and it is way way way better than the nVidia card !!

they are talking about the X850pro not the X850XT, the XT is a good card, the pro is a gimped 12 pipeline card.

shiltz said:
they are talking about the X850pro not the X850XT, the XT is a good card, the pro is a gimped 12 pipeline card.

it may have less pipes, but its hardly gimped. some people hit amazing clocks on 12 pipe pro's, enough to hold its own.

I did i am just seeing whitch one is supose to be king out right now.

i've owned both an x800pro and a 6800GT, i'd rather have the x800pro, so my vote is for the x850pro

For those of you saying you've had an X800.. and a 6800GT, what aspects of the 6800GT turned you off to it? (on paper it looks good)

I'm trying to decide between (AGP only) a 6800GT and an X800XL...

Though I'm usually an ardent ATI fan, I've switched over to nvidia right now because I feel their NV4x series of GPU's are superior to ATI's R3xx derived parts. Until the R5xx parts come out, I will stick with nvidia. Not only is a 6800GT faster than a 12 pipe X850pro, it also has a more complete feature set (SM 3.0, Purevideo). 3D quality is identical these days, though 2D/Video performance on the nvidia cards has surpassed nvidia by quite a margin with the release of the new Purevideo technology. Plus, people are getting great overclocks with their 6800's and the potential for SLI as a future upgrade path extends the life cycle of the part.
PCI-Express is superior to AGP 8X, though with the current generation of hardware, the difference is on paper, and doesn't manifest any real world gains as of yet.

Grimdeath said:
For those of you saying you've had an X800.. and a 6800GT, what aspects of the 6800GT turned you off to it? (on paper it looks good)

I'm trying to decide between (AGP only) a 6800GT and an X800XL...
i had a x800pro>6800GT>6800U>x850xtpe, i sold my and got a GT to save some cash, i was quickly dissappointed, IQ was down, AA sucked, and when eye candy was turned on fps took huge hits, i don't see what the big deal is with SM3.0, im sure not missing out on anything, if you are deciding between x800xl and 6800GT, i'd get the x800xl hands down

I had an 6800GT OC and pumped it up to 410/1150 and purchased an X800 Pro VIVO (AGP) which I modded to XP PE and overclocked to 560/1200.

When I applied AA and AF the X800 ran all over the 6800. Now I did not buy these cards to play at less than highest settings and the 6800 could not compete at those levels. I sold the 6800GT and currently have the Sapphire X800 Pro VIVO (AGP). Every one of these cards that I have seen and heard of make the transition to X800 XT PE flawlessly. They run Samsung 1.6ns DDR3 ram.

R

Back