• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wow Ramsinks Really Do Work :D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mista ting

i just got some Cheapo Zalman Ramsinks here are the results!

9800Pro ---> XT Hynix Memory
Memory Clocks/Ram Temprature
no sinks - 340/140c (HOT :X)
sinks - 370/75c (Still HOT!)
sinks with fan on it 385/33c (awwww yea! :D)

so for all ramsink non-belivers gota have them :D

Last edited:
crazy right?! my Retail Ati 9800pro@(stock) that came with no ramsinks the temps on them were 140C! it even mealted the plastic around my temprature probe ~:(

i just added a 120mm fan to the side via zip ties+tube and got
395/30c woohoo

Attachments

• partss 414.jpg
    partss 414.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 412
Last edited:
i have the same sinks on my 9800pro and my mem does 380 before topping out. i dont think its good to run them at that high though as the 9800 produces way too much heat. i had to remove the window to my case just to cool it

I just got the same sinks for my x800xt i was able to add 15mhz after installing my water cooler and them sinks (530mhz to 545mhz), oh these are the cheapo ram sinks, were could i get expensize ram sinks? :)

yeah, im looking in to these im going to buy a zalman cooler for my VGA 9800 what do i use to attech the ram sinks?

Blackmage said:
yeah, im looking in to these im going to buy a zalman cooler for my VGA 9800 what do i use to attech the ram sinks?

it has a sticky thermal pad on the bottom of them and almost all zalman coolers already comes with those ram sinks no need to buy them :

I havent added ramsinks yet, but I should, my ram on my 9800 Pro does 385, stock, no idea what the tempature is, but its stable in everything i could test it in

How can your card possibly get so hot? Maybe its defective? My friend took all the fans out of his system excluding the psu, and he ducted the cpu fan so no airflow from it, and his ram was probably only about 50-55c.

Yuriman said:
How can your card possibly get so hot? Maybe its defective? My friend took all the fans out of his system excluding the psu, and he ducted the cpu fan so no airflow from it, and his ram was probably only about 50-55c.

that would be about the temp of my gfx cards ram with all fans at 100%.

mista ting said:
o yea it was summer time when i had those temps with no ram sinks lol room temps were 90F+

If thats the case, then the first post is completely misleading. If your going to compare an apple to an apple, the results should be conducted on a fair playing field.

For example, the temp in the room should be the same when you didnt have ramsinks, then put the ramsinks on with the same ambient tempatures.

To tell people in the first post that passive ramsinks dropped your temps 65* celcius is complete BS. :rolleyes: The same applies to the extra 30mhz the passive ramsinks managed to obtain, I am guessing you added a new fan or something and the situation was different when you added the ramsinks. (I am not refering to the 120mm fan you just added.

Do I think ramsinks work? Yes, but I can tell you that simply slapping on passive ramsinks will not drop your temps 65* celcius, and most people will get a few mhz increase, not 30 and even with a 120mm side fan squeeze out 55 extra mhz like you claim is highly unlikely by simply adding ramsinks.

warlock110 said:
140C is well above boiling point, that's not possible.

Whats the melting point of human flesh/bone? Thought that would be something easily googled but I came up with zilch :shrug:

Back