• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems, Please Help.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xTrEmEoVrClOcKr

This is making me mad ....my setup:
WD 120GB (Main Drive and my Hitachi 80GB (Backup) My problem: It swip swapped them when I first installed Windows, so it looks like this:
asdfasdfasdfas.jpg

I want Windows to think that my 120 is my primary and my 80 is my secondary drive. Im sick of everything automatically reverting to my backup drive :rolleyes: Can you guys help me out? Thanks in advance

Not sure if this is even what you wanted to know but if its booting wrong HDD, have you tried chaning boot.ini file? Easiest way is in msconfig just got to the boot.ini tab. Select the good boot bath and set it as defualt. THen set time to 1 sec or 0 might work. Also make sure the shunts are correct on back of the drives. Lastly you need to to edit boot.ini on other OS. Or just delete it. Do a search to find it.

I'm confused... Does it boot off the correct drive? And the drive letters are just incorrect?

If so just use Disk Management to reassign drive letters.

just swap the ide cables dude then in the bios select the drive that has windows to boot first and you are dun easy as cakes

Back