Notices

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > General Hardware
General Hardware Discuss your new build and gather upgrade suggestions. And if your question doesn't fit anywhere else...it goes here.
Forum Jump

Website to find criminal records ?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 04-11-05, 11:42 AM Thread Starter   #1
HeXenViRii

Website to find criminal records ?

Are the criminal records of people supposed to be available to the public domain ? Shouldn't that data be availble somewhere then ; online ? All im seeing in google are these private companies wanting to charge like $30 for a background check ... where should I be looking for free access to this information ?
HeXenViRii is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-11-05, 11:46 AM   #2
David
Forums Super Moderator
Overclockers.com Lead Editor

Location: Hiding from Americans and making pretty colours in a drybox in St Andrews

10 Year Badge

Not sure really.

In the UK I guess you could ask the relevant offices (not sure if the Freedom of Information Act includes these type of records) but i dont know.

As for the US, no idea.

The Workhorse: [Lenovo W510] Intel Core i7-720QM / 8 GB DDR3 / nVidia Quadro FX880M / Crucial M4 256 GB SSD / Windows 7
The HTPC/Server: AMD Phenom X4 9650 / 6 GB DDR2 / nVidia 8300 / 5 TB of HDDs / Antec Solo II Case / Windows 7
The Gaming Rig: AMD Llano A6-3650 / 4 GB DDR3 / nVidia GTX260 / 2x 500 GB HDD in RAID0 / Antec Dark Fleet DF-85 Case / Windows 7
The Benchmarking Setup: Various LGA775 chips / Asus Rampage Formula / 2 GB OCZ 1066 MHz DDR2 / nVidia Quadro NVS 285 / 320 GB HDD / Windows 7

My research fellowship is eating all my time, so I may be slow to reply to emails and private messages.
David is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-11-05, 11:53 AM   #3
seadave77

At my church they do a background check for everyone who works there and especially anyone who works with children. The church has the person fill out a consent form, availiable at the sheriff's office, and the church sends it to the sheriff's office. The sheriff's office usually processes background checks for a small fee, but they do it for free for non-profit orginizations. All the church gets back is a list of the people and a pass/fail status. It does not provide why they passed/failed. A guy did talk about a way a citizen could find out about another person in some places, but you would have to know just about all their info (SS number, stuff like that) and he said most agencys frown upon those types of inquerys because the person being checked has no idea. I forget what it's called. Call up your sheriff's office to find out about the rules in your area.
seadave77 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-11-05, 11:55 AM Thread Starter   #4
HeXenViRii

Alright , thanks for your help seadave .
HeXenViRii is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-11-05, 04:32 PM   #5
Silversinksam
Moderator/ Silver Paste Taster©

10 Year Badge

You could always use the PACER system. It's not free, but it doesnt cost an arm and a leg to use.

-You have over 101 posts and Can't see the classifieds??? Click this link.

My Heatware
Silversinksam is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > General Hardware
General Hardware Discuss your new build and gather upgrade suggestions. And if your question doesn't fit anywhere else...it goes here.