• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any Web Host deals? Is DreamHost deal still up?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CordialSpam

Anyone knows does the Dreamhost deal still up? I remember it was like $10 for a year or something..I couldn't remember....are there any other good deals on online hosting? I am looking for a domain and web hosting right now thanks

CordialSpam, if it works please tell us here. I'm suddenly interested but have little time to do anything today. Kickass deal considering how cheap it is and how much you get.

I jumped on that dreamhost a few months back. Great service, i haven't noticed a single second of downtime so far. Just wanted to throw that in if anyone was considering it.

Sucka said:
I jumped on that dreamhost a few months back. Great service, i haven't noticed a single second of downtime so far. Just wanted to throw that in if anyone was considering it.

There has been a VERY small amount of downtime, but it's usually like in the very early (2am-4am) hours, U.S. time.

douglasb said:
There has been a VERY small amount of downtime, but it's usually like in the very early (2am-4am) hours, U.S. time.

Yeah, i don't doubt there's downtime, but never while i've been online, that's what is important :p

You're all suckers...

2.5 gigs of storage, 120 gigs of bandwidth

Who here has signed up and is using either 2.5 gigs of storage or 120 gigs of bandwidth?... no one? right... because if you actualy did you would be kicked from the server, I see it all the time. You guys should know how much servers cost, triple it, and the bandwidth, do the math.

Graphicism said:
You're all suckers...

2.5 gigs of storage, 120 gigs of bandwidth

Who here has signed up and is using either 2.5 gigs of storage or 120 gigs of bandwidth?... no one? right... because if you actualy did you would be kicked from the server, I see it all the time. You guys should know how much servers cost, triple it, and the bandwidth, do the math.

Eh? You mean if someone goes over 120 GB bandwidth or 2.5 GB storage? You would most certainly not be kicked if that's what you mean. You would be charged more. That last line....huh?

douglasb said:
Eh? You mean if someone goes over 120 GB bandwidth or 2.5 GB storage? You would most certainly not be kicked if that's what you mean. You would be charged more. That last line....huh?

Not if you go over it, but if you go near it, maybe even use half. These companies that offer the world for $1 always have fine print, that if you use an unacceptable amount of bandwidth or system resources they are allowed to boot you and/or ask you to upgrade.

Let's do the math. The server has (for arguements sake a large hard drive) 120GB hard drive. so 120GB - system files etc would leave about 100GB. 100GB divided by 2.5GB = 40 accounts. 40 x $10 = $400. Now a server on a 100MBPs unmettered line does not cost $400 a year, more like $2,000+ Not to mention... are they offering a domain? $7 a domain x 40 = $280, $280 - $400 = $120.

So if you can get a server with unmettered 100MBps for $120 a year let me know!

Bottom line, overselling, hoping you don't use what you are given, if you do you are jacked.

Back