• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Noob oc'ing 2500+ mobile

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wandl

It is paired with my NF7-S mobo, I have it running at 205Mhz with 10x multiplier. Some hardware monitor that I have installed says my VCC is 3.3 (normal threshold is between 2.0-2.99)

Is this bad? I'm about to push it a little more, my cpu is running at 39C and my Vcore is running 1.57V

I just don't know what is normal help :eh?:

umm, modded bios's are your friend for high fsb, the nf7-s stock bios's suck fatty cudos

carefull reading vdd w/ multimeter, or u'll end up like me, and frying it and buying a dfi nf2 LP-B

so 205 is too high for the NF7-s?

Vcc is the only "reading" that is out of whack according to Abit's hardware monitor software..

honostly, i'm trying hard to remember what abiteq was good and bad at reading, i'd get mbm5 and see how it reads it, and wether or not that's outta wack

anyone else wanna help this poor man
his basic question is,

What is normal for VCC voltage?

i dont remember, i used modded bios the first day mine arrived. get a new bios and flash that sucker. Mobile should be good for at least 2500mhz if not way more with good cooling.Just put the multi at 12x and keep the fsgb at 200 if ur ram is crap. that reading in abit utility is prob a psu rail. Thats the only thing thats 3.3 that i can think of. ANd nf7 with modded bios is good for 250 + Fsb all day!

Last edited:
I second getting mbm and checking things. The regular NF7-S bios isn't always very bad, I guess it depends on when you got the motherboard. I've seen people hit 225+ on stock bios, but others couldn't push past 210. If you don't have good RAM, don't worry about it anyway, if you're looking to push the fsb high, look into a modded bios. What stepping is your cpu?

hey hitman...how did you get yours to run stable on a 13x multiplier? What form of cooling are you using on that? Check out my sig.

-FB

Just for reference, I'm also running nf7-s, modded bois(mantaray xt cpc off) 2500 mobile, and I hav a gig of corsair valueram in it. I have it at 241 fsb X 10.5. You should be more than fine running your board at those settings and higher.
Are you sure you meant VCC? That is usually used as an abbreviation for vcore. You DO however have a 3.3v line from your Power supply, and some ppl have modded the memory voltage to run at whatever your 3.3 line is running at(I.e. if your 3.3v lead is running at 3.2, your mem will also) but vdd wll only track accurately up to 3.1-3.2v on an Nf7-s.

39c load is great.. you have a ton more room to go with that thing. I got mine to 2.63 or so stable..239x11, and posted and benched at a little over 2.7, so you should be just fine. At 205fsb, you should easily be able to do a 12 or 12.5 multi with decent cooling if you find you are fsb limited.

what cooling and psu are you running?

I have a 2600 mobile on the same board. I have mine at 11.5 x 203 @1.575. Mine hates high FSB also. Abit EQ and MBM5 always read the exact same for me. I am about to try the Merlin bios. I have heard excellent thing about it.

mudpark41 said:

I couldn't tell you about the VCC voltages. I still havent learned to use a voltmeter. But I think that the 3.3 VCC voltage is the dual channel memory voltage, Right?

Hey Hibner....noticed you are from Huntington. I'm right over here in Ironton, OH!! I got a neighbor on the boards!! ;)

-FB

I kept my mobile 2500 at 13x200 with 1.9v but I was able to get into windows and so some benches as high as 14x200.

I left the fsb at 200 pretty much always because the impact on what I used it for was minimal, and I couldnt get past 230mhz anyway. I ran it at 11x230 for a while, but I liked 2.6ghz more...

but who cares, i have a 64 now! :p

Doing a bit more searching, I see that some use VCC as abbrev. for vcore, some for vdimm(memory voltage). If you are running 2.6-2.9 vdimm, that is the normal range for an nf7-s. If you are running 3.3 vdimm and DO NOT have the vtt mod done on that board, you will not be able to overclock at all, because the vtt will not track effectively above 3.1 or 3.2 as I stated earlier. If it is indeed running at 3.3, you probably had the dirty punk vdimm mod done on your board, and whoever did it should have done the vtt mod as well. If it wasn't, you can either reverse the vdimm mod and get a ddr booster, or get the vtt mod done. (another option is modding the 3.3v line from the psu, but I don't suggest that)

If you have any questions, let me know.. I'd be happy to help

also, what ram and how much?

Last edited:
Thx for all your replies, when I get home from work i'll fool around with it some more, I currently have some Kingston PC3200 in there (1x512mb) going to go with some corsair or something here shortly. Its on a Zalman HSF (can't remember what type) I think the RAM may be the limiting factor now.

I got the board here on classifieds, I now do remember the seller having modded the board with the dirty punk vdimm.....so I figure 3.3 VCC is ok then.

205Mhz with 11x multiplier freezes up, so once I replace the RAM with something decent hopefully it'll get up there...my cpu's been running stable at 37C-39C....

now someone donate to me some ram hehe

BTW I'm in hurricane, wv!

Hey now!
If the dirty punk vdimm mod is done, you will NEED to do the vtt mod or undo the dirty punk mod, or you will never get that thing totally stable. If the vtt doesn't track correctly, it will be unstable.

Go here to see what it looks like so you know if it is done...

Last edited:
Back