• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What would be best for me?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LMFRY

Ok I had an ASRock p4vt8+ and it fried along with my psu...i have the psu replaced and now need to replaced the mobo...I was wanting to know if a ASRock p4v88 or a Gigabyte GA-8IG1000 PRO would be better...which one is best because they are both around $40 us shipped on ebay. I am also open for other suggestions that are around $40 us. Any help appreciated

Of those two choices, get the Gigabyte with the Intel chipset. The ASRock uses a VIA chipset which I would avoid.

is a mobo worth buying with only two ram slots....i found a soyo dragon but only has 2 slots for cheap..worth it?

Go Gigabyte. Don't bother with the Asrock. I have the LGA 775 version and it's not very good, not even for the money.

the dumb gigabyte was not on there by the time i got my money wednesday night..so i got the p4v88 because i really dont want to be without my pc any longer than i have to..and it has 4 ram slots which i really wanted. thx for the help

Back