• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cheap & satisfying

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

o770

I didn't have more options when I posted the previous topic but now I found out that the store can actually take propositions for the products it doens't have in its catalogue. So I need some help again.
The price range is US$ 1000.
The only resources I found to help me choosing a laptop has been Anandtech and CNET and the OC forums. These are what seems good to me:

Dell 700m
1.8GHz Intel Pentium M 745; 512MB DDR SDRAM 333MHz; Intel Extreme Graphics 2 for Mobile (up to 64MB-shared); Fujitsu MHT2060AH 60GB 5,400rpm
eMachines M5310
2GHz Athlon XP-M 2400+; 448MB DDR SDRAM 266MHz; ATI Radeon IGP 320M 64MB (shared); Toshiba MK4021GAS 40GB 4,200rpm
some Acer but CNET doesn't have prices for them

..so actually I'm asking for a recommendation of what best I can get for that money. Thanks!

My brother got a Gateway Athlon 3000+ notebook (emachine). I had a few chances to mess with it and I was impressed.

But I think I would stick with a Pentium-M model.

wait till at least the 19th on the 19th of april AMD will start a massive advertising campaign for the Turion processor, and i believe there are several turion laptops that are slated to go for about 1000.

64bit CPU + 64bit Linux = WIN

Back