• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best fan for Aqua Computer Aquaero?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Top Nurse

Registered
Got an Aquaero on it's way from Austria. Need some ideas as Papst fans are expensive and hard to come by in USA?

you might want to try searching before posting. spcr.com's forums has a list of the best 120mm fans in terms of noise.

Actually I did do a search, but the Aquaero needs fans that will reliably start at I think 5vdc and have good rpm sensing. I think the only one I saw in a search was one which seemed problematic in supply. So I was looking for some alternatives to ordering in Papst fans from Germany :) BTW, do you have an Aquaero too?

No I wouldnt buy one of those things... Why would it need fans that can only run at 5v? Its just a fancy fan controller. seems pretty dumb to only take fans that will run at 5v. Im sure its adjustable from 5v-12v. 5v bein the min, not required.

Anyways Search over at silentpcreview. More people there undervolt their fans than any where else, for obvious reasons. Pretty sure they already have a list of fans which includes the min voltage you can undervolt the fan at. Searching is your friend.

Because the Aquaero has in-the-coolant temp sensing capability and you can program the unit to turn off and start the fan as needed due to temp parameters. :p It also has the ability to make an Eheim/Aqua Computer Aquastream run at comparable 1048 flow rates besides being able to accurately measure flow though the system. Lets see it also has 4 different types of fan acceleration programability. True it is not the device for a beginning H20 cooler, but it does provide for some very advanced capabilities for those of us who like bling and want accurate information to adjust mb settings. :cool:

Added: yes the fans need to be able to run from 5-12vdc and start at 5vdc as indicated above.

Top Nurse said:
Because the Aquaero has in-the-coolant temp sensing capability and you can program the unit to turn off and start the fan as needed due to temp parameters.

Cant you program the startup voltage? Youd think that if the controller can dial down the fan voltage it can dial it up to 12 or until the fan starts.

While that is all nifty and what not, Ive never felt the need for it. Ive always had F@H or FaD running on every single box Ive owned. If I turned my mbm5 log on for a month and recorded the highs and lows they wouldnt vary more than 2c as long as the ambient temp was the same. My computers are always at full load, so not much need for throttling fans. But hey bling is bling so whatever floats your boat.

I think it's possible to have the starting fan speed setable as a percentage, but would have to get my manual back that I lent to a friend to know for sure. But the point is that I want the least amount of noise possible within the parameters that the controller will allow me to program in. :)

Top Nurse said:
I think it's possible to have the starting fan speed setable as a percentage, but would have to get my manual back that I lent to a friend to know for sure. But the point is that I want the least amount of noise possible within the parameters that the controller will allow me to program in. :)

Dont forget that just because fan A can startup at a lower voltage than fan B doesnt mean A will be quieter than B. Trust me, go to spcr's forums. If you want quiet fans thats the forum you want to go to.

Back