• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

754 sempron superpi (A64-P4 owners dont look!) you may cry...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
sempron +2800 754 256kb L2 1.6ghz cpu
chaintech vnf3-250
2x512 Wintec Ampo 3200----the really cheap stuff @newegg $78 a gig

running 2556 mhz 1.525vcore with stock heatsink
ram=[email protected] 1t 1.55v

THIS IS NOT BEEN PATCHED as i havent even tried it but i just read one exists anyhow.

anyhow im per-se out of the high end oc scene. ill oc the hell outa cheap parts tho i really need and can fully use :)
this upgrade was done on a p3 933 and cost me a total of $227 shipped and included a new 450wt psu also.

dont get me wrong id love a new venice,or a p4 860 but i cant justify it for my needs for the costs.even for the hobby/tinkering excuse id always use for buying expensive stuff before.

sure i can oc the cpu more,the ram deviders start going too low to be viable.
plus i dont want to spend money on this atm.ive had the cpu upto 2650mhz 1.65vcore

the wintec kicks @$$ for the price but only cas 2.5@200 fsb and doesnt like voltage,but im doing some whipping on it and see what that does.

so stop saying these chips sux! and i know one person will say they sux in 3dmark. its the operator not the hardware bud.

sprpi36.jpg

i like the mobo so far.
dont use the newer 2 chaintech bios releases tho.you loose vcore options of any kind.
they have beta bios's floating around that unlock the a64 multi's down also wich the mobo normaly dont do i guess.

AMD-Me said:
results.JPG

Pretty close to my barton...
well i dont really judge much by a synthetic benchmark much but yeh its close.
i looked at my arith benches from yesterday we about equal in them. but mine was done at 2500mhz.

run a superpi 1m and see what you get.

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
watercooling vs stock aircooling though. ive been lookin at the epox board aswell the one with a j at the end. it seems to oc really well and is real cheap
i saw that mobo while shopping also.
had i needed to buy it retail i would have bought the epox but if its better then the vnf3 i dont have much info to compare them.

you wont hate the vnf3 tho imo.

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
i might pick up the epox board tonight from this forum. its really cheap in the classifieds. id need to scratch up some cash though.
39 seconds isnt that great considering his ram compared to mine. [email protected] compared to [email protected]
that kills my times easily by 2-3 seconds by comparison.

ive used every single XP chip made and this chip is better than any of them.also you get better mobos and chipsets for the 754 cpu's.

im not saying they suck but they are being phased out and underperform compared to these 754 semprons.
not saying i wouldnt run one tho as i would i just got a better deal with this.

and ty for pointing his score out i must be blind :(

ill have a look see at that mobo and price too. no i dont want it lol

i saw the deal and it looks good to me id buy it if i were you.
i avoided all chipsets but the nf3-250 when looking for a mobo when i got this deal.

epox's 8KDA3 is an awesome mobo IMO. i helped my friend OC his system w/ that board and it runs great. the only limitation is the vdimm, witch maxes out at 2.8v. but since he has TCCD, it dosn't hurt it at all :D i havn't tried maxing out the RAM yet becuase i got it to boot at 280*8 and he told me to calm down :p

deathstar13 said:
i like the mobo so far.
dont use the newer 2 chaintech bios releases tho.you loose vcore options of any kind.
they have beta bios's floating around that unlock the a64 multi's down also wich the mobo normaly dont do i guess.

No, the motherboard does allow you to change them, but only with an athlon, not a sempron. I would know. ;)

That's great I only get 34s superpi with my cpu @ around 2.55ghz. I tried for about an hour on a cold night and still couldn't get 33sec's:D

Quailane said:
No, the motherboard does allow you to change them, but only with an athlon, not a sempron. I would know. ;)
i wasnt sure on the A64 and i remember you saying the semprons didnt.

That's great I only get 34s superpi with my cpu @ around 2.55ghz. I tried for about an hour on a cold night and still couldn't get 33sec's
i think if i was to use other ram id hit 34seconds easily.
mines at 3.0-3-3-8 which is fine by me for what i paid.

now ill say but i cant test unless someone with a a64 and an ati 8500 would like to help? but id like to see how this cpu does on 3dmark.
i am gonna seek out some other benchmarks,for further testing.

Back