Notices

Overclockers Forums > Overclockers.com Teams > Folding Team
Folding Team Join the Overclockers.com Protein-Folding Team and support medical research!
Forum Jump

Finale for for Team32 Leadership!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 04-12-05, 10:43 PM Thread Starter   #1
TollhouseFrank
Senior Headphone Guru

Finale for for Team32 Leadership!

I have talked with LutaWicasa about starting the poll for this, and it should be up soon. However, if Mr. B. or one of our many great mods, or even a Senior with Poll Making Power wishes to step in and save Luta some time, then go ahead and create the poll for this.

Also, if you get the chance, remember to thank the following for helping to get this all rolling, as if it wasn't for them, we wouldn't have gotten this far:

Dark_15
David
I.M.O.G.
RoadWarrior
AudioAficianado
anyone else I may have forgotten, Beat me with a 2x4 and I'll place you here also to get recognition

These 4 FINAL Nominees come from the Unofficial Nominations Thread. These 4 are the only ones being considered for right now because they were the only ones nominated for Team Leader.

Since I managed to get the ball really rolling on that thread, it was asked of me to go ahead and keep it rolling for this.

The names are as follows:

David
I.M.O.G.
TollhouseFrank
ChasR

Yes, I know my name is in there, but if you check the Nominations Thread, then you will see that I was nominated 2 times for this position, ChasR was nominated once, and David and I.M.O.G. many times over.

This SHOULD be a poll similar to David's where you can choose 1, or 2 or 3 or even all 4 Nominees if you wish. I don't know how long the poll will be open, but I am quite sure that as soon as it is up, that within 3 or 4 days, we should have a very good idea of who we, Team32, believes should be our F@H Leader(s).

The Leader(s), once chosen, will have at thier option placing people in the positions nominated for, doing away with them entirely, or doing something else of thier own choosing. Remember, let's put our full support into this, and wwhomever the majority chooses, let us all stand behind him/them with our full support.

TollhouseFrank is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-13-05, 06:35 AM   #2
David
Forums Super Moderator
Overclockers.com Lead Editor

Location: Hiding from Americans and making pretty colours in a drybox in St Andrews

10 Year Badge

I'll leave this poll to someone else: seeing as I am nominated might look a bit unfair if I set up the poll .

The Workhorse: [Lenovo W510] Intel Core i7-720QM / 8 GB DDR3 / nVidia Quadro FX880M / Crucial M4 256 GB SSD / Windows 7
The HTPC/Server: AMD Phenom X4 9650 / 6 GB DDR2 / nVidia 8300 / 5 TB of HDDs / Antec Solo II Case / Windows 7
The Gaming Rig: AMD Llano A6-3650 / 4 GB DDR3 / nVidia GTX260 / 2x 500 GB HDD in RAID0 / Antec Dark Fleet DF-85 Case / Windows 7
The Benchmarking Setup: Various LGA775 chips / Asus Rampage Formula / 2 GB OCZ 1066 MHz DDR2 / nVidia Quadro NVS 285 / 320 GB HDD / Windows 7

My research fellowship is eating all my time, so I may be slow to reply to emails and private messages.
David is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-13-05, 10:02 AM Thread Starter   #3
TollhouseFrank
Senior Headphone Guru

sure thing David. Anyone with poll-setting abilities would be welcomed, though, but I DO understand your thinking behind this.

Old 04-13-05, 11:22 AM   #4
Ven0m

I've just realized that I can't start a poll

Anyway my suggestion is a poll with multiple choice for (may be reordered):
David
I.M.O.G.
TollhouseFrank
ChasR
-someone else-

If -someone else- gets to top 3, poll was bad. The winner can decide if gets leadership alone (by default) or declarates that some of guys who got enough* votes will help him with team management and representation.

*enough - number of votes that new leader considers proper, including 0
Ven0m is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-13-05, 10:26 PM Thread Starter   #5
TollhouseFrank
Senior Headphone Guru

Still waiting on reply from one of the admins/mods.... LutaWicasa and Mr B were both contacted, same as SpeeDj.... After talking with IMOG and David, and and thinking long and hard on it, we felt it was more appropriate to let an Admin do the final poll for F@H Leadership.... or if they were uber-busy, possibly a Mod associated with the F@H Team.

Old 04-13-05, 10:32 PM   #6
Seven

My votes are for I.M.O.G. and David once the poll is up.

Old 04-13-05, 10:35 PM Thread Starter   #7
TollhouseFrank
Senior Headphone Guru

that's cool 7. Just waiting on the poll to get up. LOL.

Old 04-13-05, 10:42 PM   #8
orionlion82

oh, mercy!
weve got to choose between some of our finest members?
gonna be tough... how long will the polls be open?
orionlion82 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-13-05, 10:59 PM Thread Starter   #9
TollhouseFrank
Senior Headphone Guru

don't know. I have a huge hunch it will come down to I.M.O.G. and David getting the most votes. After that, it is up to one of them (whichever gets the most votes) as to if he wants to choose a co-leader, and if that, if they want sub-leaders/managers under them for some of those positions nominated for in the nominations thread.

Old 04-13-05, 11:03 PM   #10
Seven

The Poll Is Up!

Go Go Go!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Overclockers.com Teams > Folding Team
Folding Team Join the Overclockers.com Protein-Folding Team and support medical research!