• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

video card problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Matryx

Registered
last night my computer kept locking up and i couldnt find a reason why but when i opened my case and touched the video card it was extremely hot. The area my computer is has a lot of dust and it seem the videocard hsf collected sum dust and was running at optimal speed. What do u guys use to clean the dust in the computer and in those hard to reach place like the HSF.

Also is there any program to watch video card temps?
the video card i got is a Sapphire Radeon 9800pro

Compressed Air baby!!!! It will clean that mug like no other! Just make sure your 'logical' about the process. Start @ the top of the case, blow in nooks and crannies and most of the dust will fall to the bottom....clean the bottom well. Maybe a vaccum might help w/ the compressed air. Compressed air will basically blow dust outta any spot you can think of. All hardware stores carry them and prolly many other stores also.

alrite thnx for the input ill go try that now

edit:
I just finish cleaning it and it seems that it didnt help. The actually HSF on the videocard is running slow for some reason. Is there a setting or something to make it run faster or is it damaga. I'm thinking of sending my computer back to get it fixed. I got it from NCIX.com like 6 months ago and I'm not sure if they will cover that. What do u guys suggest I do?

Last edited:
Back