• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What would you do?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Almondo

Registered
Replace my ic7 max 3 board with an Ic7 with the hope i can get to 4 ghz?

Or replace the 3.2e and max 3 board and go for a hybrid board that accomodates the new LGA775 processors?

If the second option, need to know what the best LGA overclcoking chip is.

Thanks

Your sig shows that you are at 3.8GHz on your system allready. I would not make any move as the difference between your current system and anything out there right now is minimal and not worth (IMO) an expenditure. Dual core is useless with the exception of multi-threading programs and dual core is coming out at lesser clockspeeds than single core processors so you will lose speed in single thread programs which are a huge majority of any/all programs out there. Also keep in mind that both dual core processors have to (at this point in time) compete in que for off core memory thus (somewhat) lengthening the time for thread completion in certain single threaded instances.

Thus multi-core has (again imo) more than a few issues that will need to be ironed out before I would think of personally purchasing one.

R

Last edited:
Thank you gentlemen. I will need to upgrade sometime within the next 7 months due to an international move where pc components are very expensive. I'll wait until then.

max3s are better than normal ic7s lol so switching them out is point less, yes wait for the next gen of hardware :attn:

Back