• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ROSEWILL RP550 Opinions...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Grand_Mufti

The Rosewill you linked to is an ATNG built power supply (unless they changed suppliers, which is within the realms of possibility) and they're generally OK in quality. They're not the best (for that you might want to consider a Fortron, which, while it's "only" 400 watts, is known for putting out more power than its rating if needed.) The logisys is supposed to be a Youngyear, which I don't recall reading many reviews of either way, so maybe someone else can comment on that.. Hope that helped.:)

Just to let you know I purchased a Rosewill RP550 and when I plugged the dang thing in and flipped the PSU switch the thing went POP!!!. I did a PSU test and it is still functional but it did lose two of the LED's. Got the thing RMA'd and have already purchased another in hopes that it will work.

Bryan D.

I wouldn't use anything else with my setup. Most people will push you to get something better but it's overkill and pointless imo. Haven't had any problems, runs everything stable... nice 24 pin connector also.

PS the one you listed is the coolmax 550Watt, the content inside is identical except that it doesn't have a 14cm fan and it doesn't have a fan control built in.

The PSU i listed is from MGE, it's the same as the virgor 500watt without an extra 80mm fan and side windows.

Rosewill are all rebatch, i just really wanna know which company is the original company.

That Rosewill 550W is by ATNG (www.ul.com and www.csa.com reveal this from the registration numbers), but at least one of their other models, rated 300W, is by Powmax/Leadman and even has one of their model numbers: LD-6100C.

Grand_Mufti said:
From what i've read this is a solid PSU. However i've never heard of Rosewill so i'm not sure what kind of quality they produce...

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-182-010&depa=0

I'd like something with the blue LED lighting. This seems like a good choice. How about logisys? Are they any good at making PSU's?

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=17-170-002&DEPA=0

Thanks for the input.

Output +3.3V@30A, +5V@50A, +12V@35A, [email protected], -12V@1A, [email protected]

For 60$ ?! For those lines? I think I might get one.

I'm making my new rig here very soon, A64 3700+ San Deigo - 2HDDS - 6800GT @ Passed Ultra so ill need a new PSU. Alot of people have told me that Forton 550W would be the best buy but im also very money concious. After reading the reviews on this product, and from the few comments here, i think i just saved myself 40$. I was also in the area for a 60$ PSU. I'll be purchasing this baby soon!

Edit: I plan on buying some cable sheathing (sp) for it also so its not a mess, there are a bunch of lines and im not doing SLI so that makes the mess, pretty :D

Back