• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me oc my 2600-M please.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jacobman

Alright heres the deal, i have it set at 194fsb at a multiplier of 12.5 at 1.6v. It boots and is stable at those speeds but when i go to 195fsb it boots and then when im in a game it will stop and say theres an error, send or dont send. Also when i play cs:s it will say theres been a memory error. So why cant i go above 194fsb? Ive also tried changing my ram timings from tight to looser but no luck, Please help me!

Run stability tests to confirm your overclock is stable.

It appears at 1.6 volts Vcore it is not.

It probably will be with increased voltage, however watch your temperatures which will go up with increased voltage and that Volcano 12 may not be able to handle them.

To test the stability of overclocked CPU, download the latest bug fixed version of Prime95:
http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft.htm

Double click on PRIME95.EXE to start the program.

Just Stress Testing (if prompted) > OK >
Options > Torture Test > Blend (if prompted) > OK

The program should not give any errors.
It may be necessary to run the program 12-24 hours to make sure an overclocked system is stable (no program errors displayed).

If you get errors only after several hours, this is a result of slight instability because the system is running with little or no margin. It's stable enough to boot and to be moderately stressed, but as soon as the system is under enough load to go over that critical point, it may freeze. To be 100% stable, Prime95 should run 12-24 hours without any errors.

The point of testing is to see if you get errors or not thus testing the stability. The meaning of errors themselves is not as important.

Running Prime95 Torture Test for 5 to 30 minutes is enough to get a feeling about general stability. If it seems to be stable, increase the FSB (with 0.025V Vcore increase if needed), or increase the multiplier by 0.5.

Reboot and run Prime95 Torture Test for 5 to 30 minutes and repeat this until the Program displays errors.
It is then time to back down and repeat the Torture Test until there are no errors for at least 12 hours.

It's OK to use the computer while Prime95 Torture Test is running in the background.

After finding your stable point you may want to then retest by going to the Advanced section, setting the password to 9876 and then setting Priority to 10. (You won't be able to use your computer while Priority 10 Prime95 Torture Test is running, but it'll confirm your system stability.)

Use 3DMark to test video card stability.

Im know how to test stability, but how do i go above 194fsb, I used to run my 3000 at 223fsb which oc'ed my ram too but now my ram is only at 200 so what can i do to make my 2600 run faster?

Jacobman said:
Im know how to test stability, but how do i go above 194fsb, I used to run my 3000 at 223fsb which oc'ed my ram too but now my ram is only at 200 so what can i do to make my 2600 run faster?

try acking you multi down to 10 and then work you FSB up.

2524mhz is a little high for 1.6 volts i would say ,i have a 2600 mobile specs are in my sig

I am also running same cpu and mobo,I think you need more volts.My rig runs very stable at 12.5x200 @1.7v,The day i received my cpu,started at [email protected] right out of the box and never looked back,However i cant get above 2600mhz do to my ram,good luck on your oc.I had v-core as high as this mobo will go 1.85 temps were fine 43,45,with volcano 12 full speed.

Last edited:
Alright ive only done an hour of torture test and got no errors, im at 217fsb 11.5 at 1.675v, All of my games work except when my doom3 RoE maps loads it exits out, which i cant explain.

Jacobman said:
Alright ive only done an hour of torture test and got no errors, im at 217fsb 11.5 at 1.675v, All of my games work except when my doom3 RoE maps loads it exits out, which i cant explain.

Ideally Torture Test should be run a lot longer than an hour, 12-24 hours, but even though 1.675 volts may be too low for many systems, simply try lowering your overclock significantly, then try loading your Doom3 maps, that way you'd see if the overclock or something else is the problem, right?

Back