• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Futuremark problem? Please help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WMA

Registered
Hello,

I've just bought myself a used Leadtek Winfast GeForce 5900 Ultra VIVO 256mb vga. I've successfully flashed the vga to the Leadtek 5950 Ultra 256mb vga.

However, when I load 3D Mark 2003 Build 360, and checking under details before launching the benchark tests, this Futuremark program detects my vga to be at the following speeds:

VGA Memory Clock - 956.3 MHz
VGA Core Clock - 300.9 MHz

I thought the Leadtek 5950 Ultra vga has standard core clock of 475mhz? I'm confused as 3D Mark 2003 detects the correct memory clock of 957mhz but not the core clock.

However, when loading Riva tuner, my vga is detected at:

VGA Memory Clock - 957 MHz
VGA Core Clock - 475 MHz

Therefore, I'd like to know from other users of the 5900 Ultra who has flashed their vga to be a 5950 Ultra on what is the problem here? And is there anyway I can make 3D Mark 2003 to detect the vga core clock to be at 475 MHz.

And lastly, what is the average GPU core temperature for the newly flashed 5950 Ultra when playing heavy duty games?

Appreciate some feedabck. Thanks in advance.

3dmarks checks your core speed when the card is in 2d mode that's why it shows as so low, my 5900ultra did the same thing, both with the reference bios and the the 5950 bios.

Back