• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg.com (Confirmation Registration).

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IronBend

Registered
Hi, I have bought from tigerdirect for a few years now and I'm wanting to test out newegg now. When I first signed up with tiger they sent me a "registration confirmation" email, it arrived within minutes. I signed up with newegg this morning and the confirmation registration email still hasn't arrived. Should I be worried about this and has anyone else experienced the same thing with newegg?

I read some reviews where people were complaing about not getting notification emails of when orders were being shipped and whatnot but I couldn't track down anything about people not getting the registration confirmation email.

I know on forum sites sometimes the confirmation email doesn't always get sent on the first try and sometimes you can change your email and coax it into sending you another one. I tried that with newegg today and I still couldn't get the site to send it.

Any comments/suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Yes, the email has been entered correctly. I even double checked, thinking the same thing.

That's a good idea, I'll just call their toll-free number (assumption) and ask someone up there. Hopefully she/he will tell me that this happens from time to time so I can sleep soundly knowing all the computer stuff I've compiled and spent hours looking at over the last few weeks will eventually be ordered from them. :p

Thanks for the reply, jack.

I've found recently that newegg emails have been lagging...one recent order confirmation took about a day to arrive and I had a problem a week or so ago where my password-request email didn't arrive until the next day.

EDIT://

Wait a minute, I just re-signed up using another email account and I didn't see anything saying I would have to recieve a registration confirmation email. Perhaps this was a figment of my imagination (because I'm so used to that being the protocol)?!?

Does anyone who has signed up recently (or in the past) even recall seeing anything about needing confirmation of registration?

20 minutes later, still no email, which would make sense if I'm correct.

Last edited:
It was a long time ago, but I don't remember getting a confirmation after registering; only after ordering something. You could just go to My Account > Login, try one of your passwords, and see if your information is there.

Yeah, just checked, it's all there.

No worries though, I just purchased some Artic Silver 5 as a "tester" purchase and sure enough the email came letting me know the order went through. After that, a subsequent email came letting me know the charge went through as well.

Whew.... :D

IronBend said:
Hi, I have bought from tigerdirect for a few years now and I'm wanting to test out newegg now. When I first signed up with tiger they sent me a "registration confirmation" email, it arrived within minutes. I signed up with newegg this morning and the confirmation registration email still hasn't arrived. Should I be worried about this and has anyone else experienced the same thing with newegg?

I read some reviews where people were complaing about not getting notification emails of when orders were being shipped and whatnot but I couldn't track down anything about people not getting the registration confirmation email.

I know on forum sites sometimes the confirmation email doesn't always get sent on the first try and sometimes you can change your email and coax it into sending you another one. I tried that with newegg today and I still couldn't get the site to send it.

Any comments/suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance.

The difference between Newegg and Tigerdirect is like night and day. Newegg is a better vendor, in terms of customer support and many other reasons.

Yeah, I like the prices and selection over at newegg, but I'm one of those sorry saps who actually lives in one of the four states that charges tax!!! :argue:

Even with the tax it roughly equals out to what I was getting charged at tiger, though (on many items, anyway). I do, however, agree that newegg is better. For instance, newegg has some ram I'm looking at for like 49.00 while tiger has that same exact ram for 76.00. Even without the tax that craps a rip.

*Update*

I got my stuff today.... :attn:

Ok, so it's confirmed, newegg.com does not require a confirmation of registration. Basically, you just sign up and can begin making your purchase. No need to fret over not receiving such an email, for apparently, they do not exist.

I'm happy!

I have had one issue with newegg mail and I contacted my email admin. Newegg was right on the money working with him. It was sorted out and the mail that I should of gotten was resent. They are really cool if you ask for a 'resend' of any mail.

Back