• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Family Computer -- AIM crashes and I'm in the doghouse

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Captain Newbie

Senior Django-loving Member
Hello, Middle Brother Newbie is having trouble with his AOL instant Messenger and I'm in the doghouse for it.

I installed the new nVidia drivers (71.84) which I promptly rolled back at everyone's insistence; I'm trying to explain to them that it might be a good idea to just reformat the drive since this IS a two-year-old copy of XP.

Any ideas?

Reformat :D Two years...damn, going on three months and this is a record, try system restore.

I guess you have already tried reinstalling it right, check the event log for error that might help you find what the problem is.

just reformat the drive if they dont know whats good for a compute then they should not tell a geek how to do something lol oh and did your bro change anything in any folder like regedit? cause if he did then he needs to take the rap not you

A1Killer said:
just reformat the drive if they dont know whats good for a compute then they should not tell a geek how to do something lol oh and did your bro change anything in any folder like regedit? cause if he did then he needs to take the rap not you
The odds are he's ****ed something up somewhere; regardless I take the fall.

System restore might do it, I'll give that a shot tomorrow AM.

Thanks.

Back