• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP120 on my ULTRA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

d94

$30 a phone
im highly considering buying a xp120 for my ultra after the crap performance of the silencer and the fact that my 3.4e @ 4ghz idles @ 28C!... so is there any way for me to get it on there?
i know you guys are gonna tell me that it'll eat up my pci slots, but i really dont need more than 1 or 2 if any.

i know weight will also be an issue, but im sure i can rig something up :)

d94 said:
im highly considering buying a xp120 for my ultra after the crap performance of the silencer and the fact that my 3.4e @ 4ghz idles @ 28C!... so is there any way for me to get it on there?
i know you guys are gonna tell me that it'll eat up my pci slots, but i really dont need more than 1 or 2 if any.

i know weight will also be an issue, but im sure i can rig something up :)
Trust me when I say this. Ive tried SO hard to get it to work. The issue lies with the physical screw holes. Unless you can CNS a block with springs do NOT attempt it.

The screw holes are so small that if you try to manually tap it, you will break the screw EVERY time... (much like your ill fated VGA silencer)

To be honest, I would try some a cooler with atleast a 70mm X 70mm heatsink with the lowest possible profile. The GPU does not put out nearly as much heat as the cpu and the GPU core will idle in the low 30's. Under a load you will be breaking a little over 40c.

389bf55d.jpg
thats the stock heatsink from a p4 3.0, and a 25cfm blower. It keeps my 6600gt @ 25 idle, 40 load, much lower than any other cooler ive ever seen. I just used cable ties to mount it, it stays on perfectly. Get creative, you can mount anything anywhere with cable ties.

Back