• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan1 must be in use

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

_Will_

Ok...i have a kt7a-raid Abit mobo (as listed below)

anyway...like a few other mobo's this one requires that you use the fan1 slot or else it WILL NOT boot

anyway...i am shortly putting on a waterblock...and wonder what the heck im gonna do ....i really don't want an extra fan connected to the low-ish power coming from the fan connector....

i (think) its too smart to just let you connect it up to a resistor...but could this work?

anyone have any ideas?

if worse comes to worse i guess i have some extra fans laying around...

i thought this might be helpful to people that currently use cpu fans but require a higher RPM to get to the full cooling potential of their heatsink/fan too....to allow them to use a PS molex connector instead

There's a BIOS update that allows you to turn that off. WZ, I think.

will flashing my bios require me to reset everything? or will it just upgrade and keep the settings?

(in either case i have the info written down, anyway :) )

whoohoo...nevermind

already had the YH update...so the function was right under my nose the whole time :)...lol...and it was already turned off by default?!

thanks a bunch, tho!

Back