• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vcore Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

whizkidd

Registered
Vcore = CPU voltage regulator right?

I up my CPU voltage regulator in bios to 1.7 but CPU-Z stil read it 1.648 I also have Hmonitor shows Core 1.64 and Aux @ 171. I think the CPU voltage regulator in bios change the aux instead of Vcore and also I don't understand what is aux. Pls help.

I have athlon xp 2000+ @175*12.5 right now.
Epox 8rda3i Mobo

firstly, onboard voltage sensors aren't accurate.

secondly what power supply do you have? a generic or weak power supply can have problems when you start overclocking

So it means the real vcore is the settings in bios @ 1.7? I thought the settings has no effect because cpu-z stil read the default vcore @ 1.648. Pls verify.

Yes i have generic 350 watts PSU but i dont have problems right now @ 180*12.5 (2.26) I think its already very high for athlon xp 2000+ but i try to go further.

since you have a generic power-supply cpu-z is probably giving you the more accurate reading.
i would reccomend you get a quality power-supply, but it's ypur descion. good luck with your overclock mine went up to 186MHz

Why recomend him to get a new psu if the problem could be he mb vcore regulation....Not even a good solid psu can aid that. Just as like the Droop Mod on the asus boards.....The only way is to vmod the mb.

whizkidd said:
Yes i have generic 350 watts PSU but i dont have problems right now @ 180*12.5 (2.26) I think its already very high for athlon xp 2000+ but i try to go further.

You're majorly lucky!!!! I have an Athlon XP T-bred (probably B) 2000+ processor that can't even do 2.1 ghz stabily, even when at 1.9V!!!

You got majorly lucky, because AMD seems to be speed-binning the Athlon XP 2000+ processors.

Back