• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

buying a new card any yas or nas

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

R0BB23

im thinking about getting this geforce2 card from mwave.com any yas or nas about it.

it preety much suits the purpose im getting it for and it has tvout which is the main reason im looking for a new graphics card.

it cost $57.

http://direct.mwave.com/mwave/doc/A14510.html

and if i attach a fan its got some overclocking potential.

Geforce 2 MX 200 cards are not very good

Spend a bit more. I suggest an ATI 32 DDR Radeon card. You can get the LE version with TV out I believe for $70 and it performs on par with Geforce 2 GTS cards with a minor hack.

Cisco Kid ;)

i agree....pay 2x as much and youll get like 8x the card. dont bother with the mx200 cards, not worth it. look for at least an mx400 or one of the radeons.

Alos PLuBBs suggestion is good or Radeon DDR 64 vivo

Either way, though ATI will give ya better 2 d video quality if you want TV out go with ATI.

Cisco Kid:)

well i dont have 120 dollars so.......................................

anyways anything is better then what i have now crappy *** voodoo.

and for the geforce2 32mb thats preety close to the price theyre going for at mwave just without the tv/out.

and nice quote from the simpsons halloween special with the monkey claw wishes.

spend 12 more dollars and get a redon32mbddr, this will crush a gf2mx200, in fact a voodoo3 would crush a geforce2 mx200...trust me they suck....another choice is a kyroII for 68 bucks is a nice card.....you can get both with tv out.....nay on the mx

first we all know a geforce2 any model could beat a voodoo3 3000.

second im going with an agp geforce w/tvout so nothing of any other sort am im going to buy.

third why does it suck so i can know what to look for in a card.

and the specs they give on the tv out (800x600pixels max, which if you dont know a video tape is at about the 500x400pixels area) which is good.

R0BB23 said:

second im going with an agp geforce w/tvout so nothing of any other sort am im going to buy.

third why does it suck so i can know what to look for in a card.

First, GeForce2 MX200's SUCK. They are almost as bad as non 3D cards. TERRIBLE cards, the worst GPU on the market, period. Point over.

Second, if you want TV Out, then like other people say, get a Radeon 32MB DDR w/TV out. Do NOT purchase a GeForce2 MX200. MX400's are OK, but still suck.

Third, It sucks because it's too toned down for value. It's not even as powerful as a Voodoo3 3000. Matter of fact, a Voodoo3 3000 is far superior to a GF2MX200. You dont have to look for anything, if you want a cheap (price) card, with TV out, and at least nominal 3D capabilities, get a Radeon 32MB DDR w/TV out.

Check www.pricewatch.com to find a price you like.

R0BB23 said:

honestly, thats not true. in fact ive played on both cards, with the same machine. in most cases the voodoo 3 was better(of course there was no 32 bit color).

trust us on this one, the mx200 is a really crappy card. it is severly limmitted in bandwidth, and as a result cannot produce very good 3d graphics. just go and find some reviews, and see for yourself.

buying the mx200 would be a huge mistake. if you spent $12 more on that radeon 32mb you would get performance on par with a geforce2 GTS pro at 32bit color, thats like 8x as fast as that crappy mx200.

if your really too stubborn to go for an ATI, then at least get an mx400.......the mx200 are just not worth buying.

uh...yes. particularily memory bandwidth, unless of course all your gonna do is play at 640x480 at 16 bit colour.....but we arent in 1996/97 anymore. if your playing at 1024x768x32 that card will die. the mx200 uses 64 bit sdram, the $12 more expensive radeon? 128 bit DDR ram. the core of the mx200 also runs slower than the radeon or mx400. there are many other limiting factors goin on here too......what it all comes down to is, the mx200 is just not worth buying.

my choice would be tha radeon for sure, but if your goin for nvidia only....at least get the mx400 or GTS(thats dohnw to $83 on pricewatch).

!-=sky=-! said:

no they don't suck......they are great

Compared to a GeForce2 Pro or better? I'm going to have to dissagree with you. For that price range, they're OK. Even Radeon 32MB DDR's are better.

I bought a 32MB Jaton MX-400 w/TV-Out for about $60 shipped about 1 month ago from an online place, but I can't find the link:(

Also I bought a 32MB ATI Radeon w/TV-Out from Best buy a few weeks back for $105 plus a $30 rebate.

I will continue to look for the link to the $60 MX-400 though, I think it is on my Home Theater computer downstairs! BRB

Back