• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3500+ Diago @ Sparco ($280 USD)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Avg said:
You can tell by the part number.

Unfortunatly they don't give much of one.

"ADA3500BNBOX"

I assume you can tell by the "BNBOX?"

Also, are there really any benefits of going with a disabled San Diego vs. a Venice?

The San Diego's being used for Athlon FX's may be cores that come from the center of the wafer, thus being able to give out higher clocks per voltage. Although, for some reason I thought they could only make one type of core per wafer, in other words, venice, palermo, and san diego would all have seperate wafers.

@md0Cer said:
Unfortunatly they don't give much of one.

"ADA3500BNBOX"

I assume you can tell by the "BNBOX?"

Also, are there really any benefits of going with a disabled San Diego vs. a Venice?

The San Diego's being used for Athlon FX's may be cores that come from the center of the wafer, thus being able to give out higher clocks per voltage. Although, for some reason I thought they could only make one type of core per wafer, in other words, venice, palermo, and san diego would all have seperate wafers.

That BN part of the part number is which shows that it is a san diego, it's not always the same BN, I forgot what other codes they are using but I'm sure someone else knows.

You'd have to figure that some of the cache is bad in these.. I'd rather buy a perfectly working venice than a defective diego.

Back