• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Angel Eye Ram Blocks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cliffwork

Registered
I just built my first WC System and incorperated 2 Angel Eye Ram blocks on my 2nd WC Loop, Be for warned, these blocks have very weak barbs, no threads just a small amount of glue to hold the barbs in place. I replaced the aluminum heat sink with Copper of the same size on both sides of the ram and took out the Aluminum Water turbulance "thingy?" I had to install new barbs with more surface area to grip the holes and used aqua marine expoxy and silicone. The problem I had was the original barbs leaked due to the stress of the tubing curvature (thanks Fluid XP !), so be for warned about these blocks. I have two on 2GB of PDP Patroit XBL DDR2 700Mhz (4-3-3-12, are these temps any goods or was it a waste of time ?

Ambient 31.3C
Ram Temp 26.5C
:shrug:

is that ambient in your case? cause there is no way your waterblocks could make things colder than the room temperature (unless your water is chilled). did they improve your overclock at all?

cliffwork said:
I just built my first WC System and incorperated 2 Angel Eye Ram blocks on my 2nd WC Loop, Be for warned, these blocks have very weak barbs, no threads just a small amount of glue to hold the barbs in place. I replaced the aluminum heat sink with Copper of the same size on both sides of the ram and took out the Aluminum Water turbulance "thingy?" I had to install new barbs with more surface area to grip the holes and used aqua marine expoxy and silicone. The problem I had was the original barbs leaked due to the stress of the tubing curvature (thanks Fluid XP !), so be for warned about these blocks. I have two on 2GB of PDP Patroit XBL DDR2 700Mhz (4-3-3-12, are these temps any goods or was it a waste of time ?

Ambient 31.3C
Ram Temp 26.5C
:shrug:

waste of time and $40, DDR2 runs much cooler than ddr and at less voltage, a fan is all thats needed. and i think you mean:
room temp:26C
ram temp: 31C
cause water cant go sub ambient without some sort of chiller :santa:

I was wondering the same thing ? I have the ambient probe protruding trrough the back of my case, all temp probs are through my digital doc, just checks again, no change ? The RAM probs are attached to the copper block on the side of the Ram that has no WC ? No OC yet, still setting up software

My second rig I am starting on now will utilize 2 60MM Fans over the Ram, I spent waaaaaaaay too much time on these blocks for little if no gain.

Back