• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

System survey results for half life 2 players

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Weird that most all of the highest percentage's are still going to lower class cards/cpu's and other components. I think that shows that shows how much ppl really don't care about looks and only care to play. But I on the other hand want the best looks w/ the best gameplay. Still weird to see alot of ppl playing THE newest game with the BEST(I guess you could say) graphics on those outdated cards. Even though I'm doing it right now and it plays wonderfully I still would like the extra boost from a new 6800. Interesting find tho.

PEACE

I think this a good representation of what most gamers play with.

256 Mb or 512 Mb of RAM
2.3 to 3.0 Ghz Intels
1.7 to 2.3 Ghz AMDs
Cheap and old graphics cards (the 9800 and 9600 are higher than normal due to the HL2 voucher)
52.62 % of users running INTELs, was lower than I expected though.

I've been keeping an eye on those stats. The Intel/AMD race for gamers has been getting very close. If trends continue, it's only a matter of time until more gamers will use AMD than Intel.

grunjee said:
I find it sad that the 3rd highest card on the chart is a GF4MX series...
Thats not sad, It probably means that they are Overclockers. :attn:

Thianks for the info, very informative. Those are some neat facts.
Only 2% still on dial-up, 85% have dvd drives, and apparently somebody still uses Windows ME.

EWBatOVAclockin said:
Weird that most all of the highest percentage's are still going to lower class cards/cpu's and other components. I think that shows that shows how much ppl really don't care about looks and only care to play. But I on the other hand want the best looks w/ the best gameplay. Still weird to see alot of ppl playing THE newest game with the BEST(I guess you could say) graphics on those outdated cards. Even though I'm doing it right now and it plays wonderfully I still would like the extra boost from a new 6800. Interesting find tho.

I agree.
I am not surprised on the video card section. Since most folks use kit rigs and they come with lower spec'ed cards than we tend to promote for the appealing visuals and nice FPS. The rest of the specs are kind of in line of what I expected.
When I shelled out $200 for my card, most folks jaw dropped. I told them I got a cheapy card(mid-range), it got more strange looks. I was told I was "nuts" for paying that much for a "dang" video card, when I had a perfectly good working one. I know many, many people who flat out refuse to spend any money on a component that cost as much as their whole rig almost. Then they see what they are missing, and still refute the cost. It is wallet driven for the most part. Having a new game and an old card is kind of off beat, but most folks just refuse to pay $400+ for a good card. Paying $50 for a game, and then having to shell out another $200+ is over what most people are willing to do. Very interesting survey.

lol, maybe they saw the poll and did it for fun

my system's pretty typical..except almost noone has a 2.1-2.3 intel...

5200 pci! oh yeah..hey it's more popular than your 6800 gt...must mean it's better right!? ;)

Leviathan41 said:
I believe that survey is just for any Steam user, not just HL2 users.
So that includes the people who are playing CS (original) and Day of Defeat, games that are not grafically demanding as Source engine games.

Everything else was pretty much expected. I thought people who are using XTs and 6800GT/ultras would be at least 5% though. I would have expected those type of graphic card percentages on avg PC not used for gaming.

hibner said:
So that includes the people who are playing CS (original) and Day of Defeat, games that are not grafically demanding as Source engine games.
Yep, the survey popped up for the Steam Account I use for running a server. I didn't have any games installed, just the free Sourse DS.

I like this stat:

Languages

Korean(Adult) - 2.14%
Korean(Teen) - 0.30%

I didn't know that Adults and Teenagers spoke different languages over there. It looks as if Korean Teens have taken leet speak to the next level. The government has ackowledged it as an entirely different language.

Needitcooler said:
I like this stat:

Languages

Korean(Adult) - 2.14%
Korean(Teen) - 0.30%

I didn't know that Adults and Teenagers spoke different languages over there. It looks as if Korean Teens have taken leet speak to the next level. The government has ackowledged it as an entirely different language.

NERDS, when you no that you can't talk standard lanuage :rolleyes:

Needitcooler said:
I like this stat:

Languages

Korean(Adult) - 2.14%
Korean(Teen) - 0.30%

rofl ahahhah wtf ..

3.3 Ghz to 3.7 Ghz 40 0.00 %
Above 3.7 Ghz 190 0.02 %

didn't know there was that many amds @ 3.3 + game stable :shrug:

Needitcooler said:
Korean(Adult) - 2.14%
Korean(Teen) - 0.30%

I didn't know that Adults and Teenagers spoke different languages over there.

Teens and adults have been speaking different lanquages for decades all over the world. Just ask any parent over 40.

I'm surprised at how many ppl are willing to play the game at such low quality. I've got XP2400+ w/ 1gb pc2700 and 128mb Radeon 9250, and when I put it on low res in 1024X768 I run at like 12-15fps. A lot of ppl are playing with similar setups to what I've got, and I know they can't be doing much better. I played for like a half hour then quit and deleted the game. I'm not going to ruin my experience playing the game when the screen jerks and I lose chunks of movement with every step or twist of the character's head. I'm waiting until I upgrade (hopefully in the next month) then I'll reinstall it and should have no problem hitting about 60-70fps without OC'ing. It's too well done and too beautiful of a game to ruin the experience by using a crappy setup IMO.

Back