• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trying to Budget and Choose 939 CPU!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

whoever

Im trying to budget thigns out and Im woundering about CPUS. I know that Im ging 939; $200 is about my max, more than that and im stoarting to drown; so i can get a 3200+ winchester, but then ohh, theres the venice cores which by the way havn't come out yet.

So I wounder NCIX advertizes the 3200 Vnice at $229, and the 3000+ at $180. WOuld it be wise to go 3000+ Venice?

i do plan on some heavy Overclocking ocnsidering that I have watercooling. What all you advise, im almost considering a 3000+ Winchester; and maybe a 3200+ winchester just to get it over with.

Monarch was showing pre-order prices for the 3200+ E core for $199 & $149 for the 3000+ venice. Those are reasonable prices to my mind, I'd look into that. With venice as close as it is, I wouldn't settle for a winchester at this point.

I would definitely go for the 3200+ for the higher multiplier if you're watercooling, as well as the possibility of getting a binned chip if you choose the 3000+. However, Monarch Computers has the 3200+'s on pre-order for $199.00 for OEM, and $209.00 for Retail. Search their site for (without the quotes, of course) "Rev. E Athlon 64" and you will see them :).

my suggestion: do yourself a favor and avoid pre-ordering. in general you just get pawned. but then again; when you've got to have it......:)

Back