• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD wont overclock....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aCiD_kiLLa

I have unclocked my AMD with the pencil and i still cant use the mulitplyer higher than 7.5!!!!
The highest i can run my 1gig at is 1095mhz and then it crashes when i play CS??
I have done everything i need to havent i?
I think it could be my PSU plz could someone back me up on this!

I am using
133/33
everthing works fine! at 1gig

I changed to
146/34
this brought my CPU clock to 1095 worked in windows fine but crashed when playing games.

:eek:

I'm gonna guess here that since it crashes when you've upped the FSB that your memory is letting you down.

Also, you might wanna try upping your voltages a tad, esp core and memory.

And now that I look again at your sig you really need a better PSU if you're planning to o/c this baby.......

how will that help coz i cant change the multiplyer from 7.5 and i have tryed 146/34

Violator said:
OK if you're saying the multiplier physically won't change from 7.5 then your chip is still locked m8. Check the L1 bridges are connected properly.
I was just telling someone else about this last night. I had to do mine several times, the last time I purchased a set of "helping-hands" from the Shack, it's pretty much a couple of magnifying glasses on a stand that will hold ther chip for ya, redo your bridges and you'll be ok.. maybe a different pencil?

aCiD_kiLLa said:
I have unclocked my AMD with the pencil and i still cant use the mulitplyer higher than 7.5!!!!
The highest i can run my 1gig at is 1095mhz and then it crashes when i play CS??
I have done everything i need to havent i?
I think it could be my PSU plz could someone back me up on this!
Sounds like the pencil trick is failing you;). Can you get a hold of something better to connect the L1 bridges?

Back