• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I have a flatscreen CRT with no damper wires!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Restorer

I bought a Viewsonic P95f from eBay, and guess what? I can't see the lines from the damper wires! Guess why... they're not there. The screen gets vertical lines from any vibration, and it's probably not related, but the colors are cycled as well. What should be green is red, blue is green, and red is blue. Changing the BNC connectors actually fixes that, but the vibration problem is still there. No worries though, the person I bought it from shipped another one to me, and said I can keep this one (I guess avoiding the $50 return shipping was preferable to having the defective monitor back :) ). Talk about factory defective.

Last edited:
The thin damper wires are visible when the monitor uses trinitron technology. I think if its missing the wires then it's shadowmask or something like that. I can't explain the differences very well myself, but I think there was an article a while ago on tomshardware.com that detailed crt monitor technologies.

edit: this wasn't what i was looking for, but: http://www20.graphics.tomshardware.com/display/20011128/crt-01.html

Last edited:
Back