• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Application Loading

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bogie

Over the past 2 weeks i have had a problem with programs loading after i click the shortcuts, at first when i would click the icon for connecting to the net it never opened than i tryed clicking my computer, that wouldnt open and system restore wouldnt work, so i did a system file checker sfc /scannow, that seemed to help, but it happened again this night, short cut for mail washer, firefox , even ctrl alt del, wouldnt work , i did a complete disk scan, and now it is working again, any idea how i can fix this problem for good, thank you

russ_da_bus said:
One way to fix it for good would be to rebuild your pc. If you dont fancy doing that, then try a repair installation of windows.

x2 ...when indoubt...reformat. Yeah..doesn't rhyme but you get the point. Have you tried deleting and recreating the shortcuts? Does the program start normally when you use the regular method (start, programs, blah, blah)? Are you getting an hourglass when you attempt to use the shorcuts? The fact that Ctrl+alt+del wouldn't work makes me wonder about your keyboard and mouse. Have you checked all your physical connections? If none of that works....follow rus' advice and rebuild the sucker.

Back