• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Did the venices fall off the face of the earth?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

whoever

Did the venices fall off the face of the earth? Cuase there was so much hype about them a few days ago and now no one even seems to remember. Have people just gotten tired of sitting around and waiting, its alreayd the 21st and theres no sign of them; so i guess Im with the rest of you.

Monarch will start shipping theirs on April 29th & May 6th. There won't be much happening until then unless they start shipping them earlier......

NCIX is supposed to have their Venice pre-orders filled by the 9th of May; we're looking at seeing widespread Venice cores rather soon.

Remember, Venice/San Diego is officially only a core revision from AMD's standpoint, not a new product launch. So, the precise launch dates are really still up in the air. I'm personally holding off on a new machine untill Venice and San Diego have been on the market for at least two weeks - at such a point we should all have a very good idea of how they overclock.

whoever said:
Did the venices fall off the face of the earth? Cuase there was so much hype about them a few days ago and now no one even seems to remember. Have people just gotten tired of sitting around and waiting, its alreayd the 21st and theres no sign of them; so i guess Im with the rest of you.

Actually, AMD just announced that they're canceling Venice because of the ridiculous amount of msg board posts about it.

On sale in Asia and Europe seems like the guys in America are behind the curve? Monarch pushed back availability of the 4000+ from today to next Friday when hey claim tehy will ship 3500+ and 3800+ too

well Im waiting on it too. I wish I knew what neweggs prices are going to be. allthough the egg is pretty slow they probably won't carry them till june.

HyperYagami said:
Actually, AMD just announced that they're canceling Venice because of the ridiculous amount of msg board posts about it.
HAHAHAHA, you actually had me for a second until I finished reading the whole sentance;)
Good one though! ^^^He made a funny!!^^^ :santa:

OC Detective said:
On sale in Asia and Europe seems like the guys in America are behind the curve? Monarch pushed back availability of the 4000+ from today to next Friday when hey claim tehy will ship 3500+ and 3800+ too

Yep....I received an email from monarch reference my pre-order 4000+ SD, very disappointing news:

Thank you for your Athlon 64 4000+ San Diego Core Pre-Order! We wanted to update you on the status of these processors.

The shipping date has recently changed, and we are currently expecting a full shipment of these processors (As well as all of the OEM Revision E chips) towards the end of next week. We have more than enough of these chips coming in to cover our existing pre-orders, plus more, so please do not worry if your order will be included in this first batch as it will be. The date MAY change, and our website will be updated as such, but at this point we do not expect it to.

Once the chips are received, your order will ship promptly. If you have any further questions, please email [email protected].

Thank you,

Joe F.

Monarch Computer

....guess I am forced to wait a litle bit longer to begin this adventure.

its clear its a paper lauch and amd keeps pushing the date back further and further. at this point im gonna give it a month before people start getting venice and diego

OC550 just because you guys cant get them in the US does NOT make it a paper launch! They are already on sale dude just not in you neck of the woods. Ask yourself if thats AMD's fault or your beloved resellers there....

Also, why would AMD 'paper launch' a core revision that hasn't been publicized at all?

Revision 'E' cores are only a product revision, not a new product launch.

Back