• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dropping active cpus

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
We need a front page article, that's why I began folding. Also our team web site needs an updating, the WU stats are like a year old. We need a contest, see if DFI will give us a LANPARTY MOBO to the winner.

Last edited:
dave... a lot of it could be school labs shut down for testing... and with summer break coming... a lot of our production will drop because our members will lose thier borgs due to inactivity for a few months.

Also don't forget if some of the members are crunching the really large WU's it may take a few days. Hence a drop in production. It could also skyrocket if a whole bunch of computers turn in WU's at the same time.

Also seasonal workers are just starting to get work. So manybe they'll contribute later on, especially after tax refunds new computer will be flying off the shelves.

from what i've seen, our team power goes in cycles, but year after year, keeps growing. I wish i was better at math to figure out the average percent of team growth each year. Maybe ChasR can help there.

Also our team web site needs an updating, the WU stats are like a year old.
You want access, you have coding skills you want to fix the website be my guest, I have tried on two seperate occasions and it has fallen on deaf ears, its not as easy as you think my friend.

really, expect it doesn't use HTML. And you have to code everything, it can't be a simple cut and paste job.

Take a look here, see how much work needs to be done to this site.

Oh yes Folders, come the summer, I want to try to get this rolling again.

anyone know when we're going to get another front page article? I've been hearing stuff about it but if that stuff was correct it should have been run about a month ago.

I had recently borged about 60 computers in my college, well something weird happened. They reimage the machines after every semester. They are still running a Windows NT 4.0 domain, so the network deployer wouldn't work with their current settings. Rather than borg individually, I just added FAH to the image, and threw it on all the machines. So for me, it shows I've lost all these CPUs, but they are still turning in WUs and I'm still gettings points. Odd occurence, but that would explain about 60 active CPU's disappearing recently. They are still hard at work for Team 32 :)

knossos is only folding on about 20% uptime, due to the warm weather out here - too loud to cool it at night, too hot to trust it in the day..not to mention XP = fubar 70% of the time anyway,( yeah, the original install has been repaired 4 times since 00-01, time to wipe it and start over....) and ive had no joy yet folding with linux...(who had the bright idea for an .exe installer?grrrr...)ive allso de-activated 7 or so borgs in the last week, because theyre all in town, and wont hold without A/C...still shooting for 15GHZ by the end of summer, but thats looking overly optimistic considering the current situation of nearly nothing...

im glad i hit my beverage of choice for friday night - really- hard just before i refreshed the page...otherwise i would need to be jump-started...thats the biggest bombshell ive ever seen on the forums...is it true?

Navi's been getting hit with Tinkers lately that take 3-4 days each to complete.

CODIS isn't folding at all currently because I need a router; something's wrong with Chisa so I haven't tried installing anything (will probably wind up doing a nuke-and-pave over to Xandros just for a change).

I have one more borg that I haven't checked on recently but it seems to be doing well. I may pull one out as it's a 400MHz celery (192MB RAM, WinME)...watching that thing try to fold is painful sometimes. I have access to another desktop over the summer, so will borg that as well (it's a parent's and I have her permission).

and for the record, dreamstalker and her borgs are 90% of my folding untill summer... props to her for the effort!
noooo, nikhsub1!!! ( panic)

Back