• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1905 / E1953FP / 193P / L90D+ So Many choices ?? What to get

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

G0DZILLA

I have narrowed it down to these puppies but I would like to hear some experiences that maybe some of you guys have had with these monitors.

My first L90D+ came defective, took forever to be replaced but it eventually was free of charge by Hyundai. The replacement works fine sans a single dead pixel on the furthest left part of the screen (NOT an issue because of its location). It's a sharp and excellent gaming monitor. Photoshop work is better (more realistic) when done on this one versus the 21.3" samsung. All in all I'm pleased with the monitor, just pray it works and you don't have to ever get it fixed and/or replaced.

I just got a Samsung 930B, which I really thing is the same exact panel as the L90D+ since it has the exact same specs. The only differences are that it is black (a plus), it has a very simple base with no swivel or rotation (a small minus), and no DVI cable included (no difference to me since I had one laying aroud at work that i'll connect today, but to others it matters)

overall the monitor is great, some image issues however I excpect to get fixed once I connect using DVI, I'll post more info after I do so.

The biggest downside to getting this monitor is that I had to pay $473 up front, and I'll be getting a $90 rebate within 2 months. But at the same time, if I find that the image issues (slight moire in text, other stuff like that) don't go away with DVI, I can simply drive over to BestBuy and exchange it for a new one.

EDIT: UPDATE: I connected the DVI cable, and to be honest, I didn't expect this much improvement, text is clear and sharp in both normal and ClearType modes, all other issues seem to be gone too. Overall the picture seems to be sharper. I am very impressed.

Last edited:
I only play RTS game, but very heavy I just don't know which one if the PVA panels can handle RTS games with out ghosting they seem like the better choice compared to the TN+matrix styles.. so many dam choices haha I am just afraid to make the wrong one.

Right now I am on a viewsonic CRT its fairly old. Just need a nice upgrade.

You know, I was slightly concerned with this panel being a TN panel instead of PVA. I was worried the color reproduction wouldn't be up to my expectations. I saw this screen at the store and was impressed enough to buy it since the price was good after rebate.. and hey, its a store, I could return it if it wasn't good enough right?

To be honest, you really have to get your face close to the screen and LOOK for the banding when looking at a color gradient, and this is only for some colors, others look smooth. I know what I'm talking about when I say this, my laptop screen is nowhere near as good with the banding.

I also do a lot of photo processing and again, no issued with color reproduction, if anything actually, pictures look sharper and its easier to tell if my shot was perfectly focused or not (yeah, my CRT was really that bad)

Fast gaming > TN ||| Everything else > PVA

Well I just got a 25ms Samsung 920T PVA panel and it looks slightly better (to me) than my daughter's 16ms Acer 1912b TN panel. It plays movies without that sparkle effect that the TN dithering causes. I know it won't do fast/dark/FPS games very well but it will do RTS fine.

I has a nice heavy base so it won't tip over easily (I have six cats).

It has a nice double hinge stand. you can adjust height but not rotate unless you move the base too.

Lastly it has the ability to easily pivot the screen between landscape and portrait modes. I had to get the free Pivot Pro download to make it work good. The version on the install CD sucked but allowed me to update to the Pro version.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/other/display/19inch-3_24.html

Last edited:
I was thinking PVA or MVA would be better , cause I play no FPS games, only RTS which don't move as fast, so many choices it can make your head spin.

I would wait for viewsonics xtreme line of lcds. They have a 4ms rating. My friend has a lcd from dell and just in D2 there are ghosting. The 19inch version should be around $505 which is not bad. But if you want a dell I would go for the 24inch lcd that is nice.

I understand completely where you are at right now Godzilla. I was there myself about a month ago. I would suggest doing lots of research and then buying locally if you live in a large metro area where you have lots of monitor choices. Good luck to you!

You might want to conisder the VP171B-2 by Viewsonic. I haven't bought it but its on my newegg cart. 8ms response time. I've read some reviews and people say it dosen't live up to spec but that dosen't mean it dosen't outperform every other monitor. Some say it ghosts only if you run in a circle in ut2k4 firing a shock rifle. Others say they run 150fps with that monitor and no ghosting. Im not sure what to say with that one.

Back