• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1 degree over ambient NO HEATSINK..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dracos

1 degree over ambient NO HEATSINK..AND NOW THE OC

SO is 1 Degree C over the ambient temp good??

WITH NO HEATSINK??

mobo temp is 24C
cpu temp is 25C

Amd Athlon Xp 2600 Barton Core

Liquid Cooling.. NO HEATSINK!!

Attachments

• good view.JPG
    good view.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 645
  • good view with hose.JPG
    good view with hose.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 566
Last edited:
im guessing thats not load. whats it look like inside? are you chilling the water?

no not under load....

And there is no heatsink.. and it's not water... that's why it's in 'Extreme Cooling' section..

about to run Prime 95 now...

Look like inside?? did you look at pics?

True, you don't have a heatsink; you have a waterblock. That waterblock is not of the conventional style, but I would still consider it a waterblock. You don't have to hype it up for us to think it's cool. Just say direct die, because that is what it is. Btw, this isn't technically extreme cooling either. I think the category "extreme" is defined as sub ambient temps. The lingo around here would classify this as direct die water cooling with non-conductive coolant.

Anyways, nice results. I have a feeling your temp sensors are a bit wacky though. Did you make that block yourself?

ZachM said:
True, you don't have a heatsink; you have a waterblock. That waterblock is not of the conventional style, but I would still consider it a waterblock. You don't have to hype it up for us to think it's cool. Just say direct die, because that is what it is. Btw, this isn't technically extreme cooling either. I think the way the category "extreme" is defined as sub ambient temps. The lingo around here would classify this as direct die water cooling with non-conductive coolant.

Anyways, nice results. I have a feeling your temp sensors are a bit wacky though. Did you make that block yourself?

I wasn't trying to hype it up... Sorry if it appeared that way.... I just wanted an 'eye catching' title...

and yes I made the block and everything myself..

actually my temp sensors aren't off on that board, have a few other sensors I used to verify.....

and Oh well.. Extreme to me is something 'Not water' or not 'air' something out of the ordinary...

What mobo is that, you do know that temp reporting on a mobo is not accurate at all right? Also, since you are completely soaking the area, I would think that you are also liquid cooling the temp sensor as well. It would be nice if you could attach a thermocouple onto the corner of the die and put a quarter inch cube piece of insulation on top of it so you can verify the temps for us.

If you are using the fluid I think you are using, then technically you have a phase change system. (I see you have more bubbles coming out than going in.) Thats a hundred bucks well spent. :)

Good job. :thup:

dracos said:
and Oh well.. Extreme to me is something 'Not water' or not 'air' something out of the ordinary...

I would agree with that idioligy. Why does it have to be below ambient to make it extreme?

I see extreme cooling as something different, maybe new, and effective that isn't mainstream. :shrug:

Looks good, I have considered such things, but haven't had the time to make the idea be more then on paper.

Last edited:
Why does it have to be below ambient to make it extreme?

The sub-ambient rule is the easy line to draw, because it is not subjective.

Here is a thought: If you put the rad after the pump and add a restriction between the rad and the block, you might be able to get sub ambient coolant. That is if there really is a phase change happening.

Last edited:
Actually I have more bubbles going in that coming out........

those pics were taken early on when system was not quite bled enough...

and this fluid is $250 per gallon...

and actually those temps are pretty close to accurate.. I have an external temp sensor placed into to fluid and it is reading the fluid at 28.1C right now under load..

hey having liquid flowing above below, all around, and inbetween the processor seems extreme to me...

Its EXTREME cooling and not FREEZING cooling....

Your watercooling setup rocks, and IS EXTREME, keep it up.

Don't get me wrong on what I said before, this is very cool. Dracos did a very nice job. Yes it is out of the ordinary, and I would say it's extreme, but the description for the topic says "Peltier and Phase Change Cooling", which I interpret as well below ambient temperatures. Anyways, I didn't mean for this to turn into a pointless debate on whether or not it is extreme cooling, so I'll end it at this.

Back