• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for 939 AGP board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dermen

A friend of mine is going A64 but does not want to switch to PCI-e because he already has a good AGP card. Hes going to get a 3500+ Venice.

First I was looking at the Abit A8V, but then read about a lot of problems with the PCI/AGP lock not working with a fsb higher than 250 with the VIA chipset. Then I was looking at the MSI K8N Neo2 Plat. since I remember hearing a lot about them before NF4 came out. After reading more about them it seems like there are a lot of problems.

I know there are others out there, so what would you guys suggest?

Personally...I like my NEO2...there are some small issues...but their are small issues for every board out...

I would requimend the NEO2 to anyone that needs a good NF3 actually...

i love my gigabye k8ns-939... oh yeah,.. gigabyte owns, i've been with them since socket 370... through 478.. to higher end 478.. to 754.. to now 939.. they make the best boards.

I saw the gigabyte board and an epox board on newegg, I just haven't had time to read about them yet.

I can reccomend the Gigabyte as a good non-oc board, very solid.
Epox 9NDA3+ on the other hand if he wants to OC his rig.
The Abit is great but the Epox is just a hair better at OCing.

I'm in the same boat. I'm jumping on the A64 wagon very soon now myself with the release of the Venice core, but want to stick with my precious X800XTPE AGP (!)

All I need is the cpu and mobo for now, going to stick with the rest of whats in my sig.
Should be plenty o' power to get me through for awhile. Will drop the $$$ next year on a PCIe system.

I wonder if/when there will be any NF4 AGP motherboards? That Epox board looks great for now, (on my wish list) but I guess I'd prefer to wait a little and go with NF4 if possible.

Back