• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1.4ghz temp problems (prolly obvious)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BigAir

I am running an Iwill kk266 with a 1.4ghz AMD cpu. The temp is 62C Idle!! I know this is high for the lower Athlons but is it high for the 1.4 too? I have a volcano 6 cpu fan with arctic silver 2. ANy suggestions? Thanks!

What are your VCore voltages? Do you have adequate airflow through the case? Your temps are way high for an Athlon 1.4, I'm having the same problems right now but I think that they are do to my vcore being up at 1.84... if you are running a 1.4 your vcore should be at 1.79 or 1.75 if you can go that low and you aren't overclocking... check your cooling, if you aren't getting proper airflow through the case that could be the reason for it getting real hot as well...

hope that helps some... :D

Eil Atan said:
What are your VCore voltages? Do you have adequate airflow through the case? Your temps are way high for an Athlon 1.4, I'm having the same problems right now but I think that they are do to my vcore being up at 1.84... if you are running a 1.4 your vcore should be at 1.79 or 1.75 if you can go that low and you aren't overclocking... check your cooling, if you aren't getting proper airflow through the case that could be the reason for it getting real hot as well...

hope that helps some... :D

I just downed the voltage to 1.72 with no progress. It is now 64C. I do have pleanty of case cooling with extra fans and as far as I know the Volcano 6 is a good enough fan (I will not be overclocking this PC). I am going to try reseating the HSF. I am reluctant to take it off due to past experiences of cracking cores but I guess I have no choice. I will post the results.

Ok, I took the hsf off and reseated it which is the scariest thing that I don't like to do. Case temps are 39C and CPU temps are now 50C. Its better and I think about right considering the room I am working in is not air conditioned in Arizona. Much better than 64C. I also removed the PSU which was creating lots of hear (320 W) I am yet to reinstall that. Thanks ALL!

Back