• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU Fan connector shorted

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
just pull a 12volt line from an extra molex with a ground line and hook it up directly and you will be fine.

that would take some splicing, and for future reference, the cpu connector is a 3 pin. not a molex. also that doesnt really help me solve my problem, just a way around it. i know the ways around it, but i would still like to have a functional cpu connector.

happens plenty with powerful fans. just cut the molex and cut the three pin connector and match the red with 12v and black with neg and you are good to go.

el said:
happens plenty with powerful fans. just cut the molex and cut the three pin connector and match the red with 12v and black with neg and you are good to go.

like i said, i know how to do it, i just want to know if there is a way to fix the connector on the actual motherboard.

If you find whatever was burned on the mobo, you might be able to find a replacement and solder it on in place of it. Other than that and soldering a molex onto it, you're screwed.

Back