• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Maybe you can enlighten me...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fidebeque

Registered
Hi all!
I know that asus mobos usually report low temps, abit reports higher temps than actually is...and what about gigabyte ? I'm considering to buy one for my old P4 to play a bit with overclock...can i trust the probes on a gigabyte ?
Thanks!

Regards,

Antonio

thats right.. i used to have 8knxp rev1 and now i have 8anxp-d both report about 6c higher than speed fan.. speed fan is the program to trust specially on gigabyte boards.

BIOS will show higher temps than in Windows. It puts a load on the CPU and makes it show higher than a Windows based utility. Gigabyte has a pretty monitoring program, I found it to be pretty accurate. You can't fiddle with the fans, you can sure play with just about everything else though.

Gigabyte has pretty good quality control. Each board is tested before it leaves the factory.
http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1722 Here is were I get this information.

Back