• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Future Of Team 32

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

I.M.O.G.

Glorious Leader
It starts now. This is how.

I'd first like to thank everyone who expressed their faith in me to serve as a leader of Team 32 in the recent leadership vote.

My first decision as the leader of Team 32 was to talk with David and he agreed to serve with me as co-leader - We think alike, and have the same forum ideals, and I trust his decision making atleast as much as I trust my own. Shipments of our blood are currently cross-shipping over the Atlantic, and we'll be performing a blood ritual where we gash our wrists and mix the blood to make it official. I forgot to mention this to David when I asked him to serve as co-leader, so David, consider this your FYI. Team 32 also expressed their faith in David, so I expect that everyone will happily regard us both as equal team leaders of Team 32.

On to our future as Team 32...

1) We will be using the recent threads in this forum to formulate a plan of attack, and officially track the people who are leading the various Team Initiatives. Much of this has already been done, but I hope to contact the people who are doing the work in these areas so they can report to David and I on the progress they are making, and the problems they run into so that we can ensure we get them all the help they might need.

2) To assist in that regard, I plan to keep a succint work log, which will include action items and timelines to ensure things are followed up on and hold people responsible for the tasks they undertake. There is no pressure here, but this will help to ensure that what we undertake is followed up on, and if someone needs help we can make sure we connect them with the right people to help them in their tasks. It should help a lot to know why things are or are not getting done, and allow us to help eachother better for the greater good of the team. This should help us overcome and obstacles we come up on. I will update this very regularly, and I will establish a timeline for updates in my first post of this work log.

4) Talk more smack.

3) I will be contacting Ed or Joe to discuss my plans for Team 32 in regard to its relationship with the frontpage. I would love if the forums as a whole could get back to a closer tie in with the frontpage, and this would especially benefit Team 32 and loyalty to the frontpage. I know its been hard for many of us to contact the frontpage, so I will send him a singing telegram if necessary. We will organize our communication with the frontpage better, and funnel all official communication to the frontpage in some organized fashion, instead of sending Joe and Ed emails from various people and email addresses - setting up a simple email rule on their client should ensure that our communications are received effectively and noticed. I will see about the possibility of establishing this in what we agree to be the best way possible.

Those are my plans right now, and I'm certain David has more plans and ideas also. Expect a timely turn around on these topics. I will still be out of town for another week on business, but by next weekend I expect to get things really rolling around the folding forum and will update everyone with a thread on these topics.

PS My second decision as team leader was that the number four will no longer follow the number 3. Hereforth, it will come before it in this forum. That is all. :eh?:

I.M.O.G. said:
4) Talk more smack.

This is why I chose you.

I have full faith in you and David at the helm of this Team 32 ship guiding it through the fog and rocks of the folding world (if that made any sense)

I.M.O.G. said:
PS My second decision as team leader was that the number four will no longer follow the number 3. Hereforth, it will come before it in this forum. That is all. :eh?:

OMG!

What foul treachery is this?! Whence come ye and your devilish numbery ways?!?!

AWAY WITH YOU foul demons of the math!

:cool:

Anyways, Congrats I.M.O.G. and poor poor David, we knew hardly knew ye. :D

Last edited:
CONGRATS IMOG AND DAVID! Im so glad we finally have leaders now, cause I know there has been a huge want to change around here, and I can feel it coming.

I.M.O.G. said:

Is this some of that new hippidy dippity math I keep hearing them youngsters telling me about? Oh wait, I'm one of those youngsters, meh, I don't know what gibber gabba's you talking about.

On a serious note, it's nice to see some initiative around here, on leadership and on the website. I believe we made a great choice for our leader and I for one am excited to see how things turn out around here :)

If I may...

Can I please consolidate all the info contained in the stickies into one comprehensive post? Some of the stuff up there is pretty old...and it could use a cleansing with some mod help perhaps?

That sounds good. I know some of the stickies can easily be consolodated into 1 or 2 big stickies

I think the Adopt a Rig Sticky could easily go to the Adopt a Rig Thread Sub-Forum.

Get Permission First, The Ultimate F@H Install Guide, Official O/C Forums Team32 FAQ Could All be placed into One Thread. To that, I would also add in the threads How to get others to join F@H Thread and the Corporate Borg Thread. There would be 5 great threads all in one, and less space at the top used for seperate stickies.

Is that what you are looking for, Seven?

My own thoughts are:

1) Get the stickies sorted, updated, and merged where necessary. A common format might be nice too.

2) The team 32 website needs more work. Like a ton of more work. Samuraisam is taking charge of that from what I can see, although we should split the workload a bit, while he sorts out the software we can sort out the content.

3) I want to see a 50% increase in production by Christmas. If we all pull together we can do it!

4) I plan to get us some more front page exposure.

5) I will, once exams are over, pursue getting some goods to run a contest.

6) More smack talk.

David, if you and I.M.O.G. are willing, I think 7 and I can handle sorting the stickies and such. We could leave the stickies as they currently are, and compact and neaten up what is there into a new thread or 2, and then have the new threads stickied, and the old ones, 'let go to pasture'.

of course, all due consideration and notation would be given to the originators of all information.

If you want to reorganize the stickies, I suggest you follow Christoph's style which he did for linux guides. It started with an index, linking to detailed posts below. I would actually like to see that style consistent across all forums just for the sake of consistency, however we could atleast take the initiative to make that the standard in the folding forum. The consistency would make it easier for new forum members to navigate stickies initially, and they would serve as better references also for established members.

On this note, I would think it would be best if we can see what Tollhouse and Seven produce, and if we see it as an improvement over what we currently have, then we will see about replacing the stickies. I don't want to see change just for the sake of change though, I want people to see the stickies and know what they will find within them - too much information inside a single sticky may only discourage people from looking into them. I do believe if they are done well enough though and organized in the right way, they might be more useful to everyone. I would stand my ground on preserving the new member sticky atleast, and the other stickies if they are reorganized should still be creditted to their originators. Do what you can, and we will take a look and make sure everything is in its right place.

Those of you who are excited about having decided leadership should rightfully feel so, David and I will be doing everything we can to put everyone on the team in a position where they can best effect improvement for the team.

David said:
My own thoughts are:

1) Get the stickies sorted, updated, and merged where necessary. A common format might be nice too.

2) The team 32 website needs more work. Like a ton of more work. Samuraisam is taking charge of that from what I can see, although we should split the workload a bit, while he sorts out the software we can sort out the content.

4) I plan to get us some more front page exposure.

3) I want to see a 50% increase in production by Christmas. If we all pull together we can do it!

5) I will, once exams are over, pursue getting some goods to run a contest.

6) More smack talk.

Corrected. :eh?:

PS What better way to celebrate the future than to revisit our beginning... This is the earliest thread that Allan Nielsen, the original leader and founder of Team 32 posted in this forum - we've come quite some way since, but its due in most part to what he started. Those of you who are really sharp might even spot one of Shadow's goofs. ;)

Link

Last edited:
I went over and looked at christoph's sticky. It is organized VERY well. Here is the link so that you can see what I.M.O.G. means: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=328963 .
Although it would take a good bit of work, I do believe we could do something similar for at least 3 of the above stickies, for organizational purposes, AND to help folding newbs get thier folding teeth.

I.M.O.G. said:
PS What better way to celebrate the future than to revisit our beginning... This is the earliest thread that Allan Nielsen, the original leader and founder of Team 32 posted in this forum - we've come quite some way since, but its due in most part to what he started. Those of you who are really sharp might even spot one of Shadow's goofs. ;)

Link

Your link takes me to this thread :eek:

Sweet.. Uhm.... who are the best smack-talkers here? If you can get this organized up, I'll add it to the Subteams Directory as a "Smack-Talking team, not devoted to folding, but to smack talking"

Back