• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

T Line Placement

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Daddyjaxx

Does the actual "T" have to be at the highest point in the case? I plan on doing a similar setup as this with the DD fillport:

tline8nn.jpg

Notice the T line is at the bottom next to the pump and the tubing is connected to the fillport. Would this work o.k?

yeah that'll be fine. it doesnt really matter where the t-line is as long as its vertical.

A Tee line will work fine anywhere.

HOWever- I personally have found that filling and bleeding is both easier and faster when the "T" itself is as high in the system as possible.

Filling:
With the "T" placed low in the loop you need to rotate the system to put it on top or else risk running your pump dry which can damage it.

Bleeding:
This is usually done with the system standing upright again and having the "T" up high seems to help get all the air out faster. The air WILL come out when the "T" is down low, just not as fast.

Of course, all of that is just one opinion and I think that more people run with low-mounted "T"'s than high ones. ;)

It is a LOT easier to fill and bleed if you can get your t-line at the top of your loop. I can get all air out of the loop in a very short time with the t-line at the top. I have 2 t-lines so that I don't have big air pockets and my system fills and bleeds rather easily.

Back