• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Rig - What do you guys think?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i would splurge and get the dell 2405fpw instead of the 2001 you're planning on. 24" of widescreen goodness. my friend has one, absolutely gorgeous :drool:

Very similar to the rig I am building. However, I opted for 2x diamondmax 10's (250gb) in RAID 0. This is much more cost effective and you get pretty much the same performance as the raptor. (sometimes better, sometimes worse... depending on the application).

-Adrayic

I would recomend, like others, a 250g HD for storage. The problem with filling up the raptor first is that you're going to have a bunch of "storage type" stuff on it that will ultimately slow it down or make it less efficient after you have run out of room on it. Meaning, get a storage drive now, save just programs on the Raptor, and everything else on the storage, so the programs & OS are all running extremely quick.

lowfat said:
Personally I'd get a set of Kilpsh Pro Media 5.1s. The Z5500's aren't the greatest speakers in the world.

Not the greatest but still better than the Klipsch's which are VERY overrated.

Back