• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with 6800gt 256mb agp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

whitdbd

Registered
Installed a Chaintech 6800gt 256mb agp card couple of hours ago and my core speed(200MHz)memory speed (600MHz)only.What? Using 71.89 drivers; also used 71.24 and 69.66 I think, same speeds. The Leadtek 6800gt 256mb card I had before this one ran 430/1150 using the forceware and coolbits. Using forceware coolbits 200/600 with this card also. everest reads 200/600, as does powerStrip.
score 70 fps on Aquamark with the leadtek and chaintech does 45 fps. Card will not clock over 200MHz gpu core, 600MHz (300 real ddr)memory core. Thanks for any help.

Ill try and do a bit of googling for you tommorrow morning or in a little here if I have a chance (Im at work). For now though, is this an OEM card? OEM cards have a bad habit of being a much lower speed then retail. I havnt heard of it to much lately butthat used to be a big problem.

I looked it up and the core/mem clock isnt as fast as the other card you had listed but not as slow as what your reporting. It sounds like Coolbits is just reporting it wrong. As to how to fix it Im not sure in all honesty. Try running some benches at "stock" and at something overclocked to see if it evens makes a real improvement.

Are you making sure your not looking at the 2d clock speeds? Make sure it's on 3d performance to see what the 3d speeds are.

It's a retail version Irq, thanks for the response. I RMA the leadtek board to gameve.com; but,they aren't selling that card now(Leadtek 6800gt).They gave me a choice between PNY and Chaintech. :bang head Thought about flashing the bios. ChainTech's web site represents this video card doing 350/1000 stock.Their own software gauges the card at 200/600 :shrug: Everest,PowerStrip,coolbits and Chaintech's GOSU software show 200/600 with no overclocking abilities. What should I do?

stang8118 said:
Are you making sure your not looking at the 2d clock speeds? Make sure it's on 3d performance to see what the 3d speeds are.[/QU
3D and the card tops out at 1600*1200 according too powerStrip. Shouldn't that be higher? PSU problem?

Does coolbits look like this? Where it says 2d or 3d??

Attachments

• pic.JPG
    pic.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 168
stang8118 said:
Does coolbits look like this? Where it says 2d or 3d??
Yes, 3D all the programs read 3d performance at the flat-out weird 200MHz/600MHz. forceware coolbits reads 2d and 3d 200/600 in the screen shot you have provided. Thanks Stang8118

Hmm i would head to Chaintech's website and d/l the latest bios for the video card. Might be screwed up somehow.

Flashed the bios didn't change the speeds. Have tried for a day now to contact Chaintech support no dice. I don't have another system to try it in. May try a different psu (500w).

Nah don't get a new PS. The question is: Is that card really running at that slow speed or is it a false reading?

Run something like 3D Mark and see if your results are normal. At 200 core your results will really stink compared with similar systems.

Some ideas are: wiping the old drivers with NVIDIA CLEANER and then doing a clean install, Make sure the power connector is plugged in.

Back